9.3x62

I have been extremely fortunate>>>Yesterday a member on my Whatsapp fire arm selling/buying group sold the9.3 Journal 600 pages book to me as well as the shorten version of 300 pages for only R700.
WhatsApp Image 2026-04-21 at 15.33.21.jpeg
 
You will enjoy the book.

The 9.3 is easy to load for. I have shot a lot of stuff with the x62.

The two best powder I have found so far are Ramshot Big Game and RL-17. I haven't tried CFE223 yet but have talked to a number of folks that have had good luck with it.. Bob's 35W works well with the CFE and both rounds have a similar case capacity.
Dave I have sourced some S335 propellant , a South African product. We are still able to get this propellant still in SA. At some time in the near future I will turn to imported propellant .
 
here is my favorite 9.3x62, a CZ550 that I bought from fellow AH member Postoak with the waterbuck that I took last summer in Zambia. I had a AHR three position safety, Timney trigger and fresh bedding job. Sub MOA gun all day with about anything I shoot through it. 250s to 300s from 2200 to 2600, it doesn't care. Waterbuck are hardy critters even for the mighty nine three. Mr. Rodd I hope you are doing well, its been awhile.
Waterbuck1.jpg
 
Great book,
I have the big one as well!
Great, if I am able to get in touch with a visiting USA hunter to bring me the large Hard Cover color printed version to South Africa it would be great.
 
Am actually waiting for today's delivery: a Frankonia Favorit driven hunt rifle model 98, 9,3x62, Zeiss 1,5-6x42, reticle 4 which I won at eGun for a song. Has a little surface rust and obviously a dry stock. Copper wool, Ballistol and stock oil on hand for a workover.
Will be our daughter's gun for driven hunts and the moose hunt in Sweden in october.
My own Musgrave 9,3 is on transition from the original stock to a full stock, which I won online. It is topped with a Zeiss 3-9x36. Can't wait to get it back from the woodworker!
Screenshot_20260424_110103_Chrome.jpg
 
Update:
The 9,3x62 for our daughter was delivered yesterday. In fact it's a rifle built by H. Struckmeier in Hamburg on request of the former owner. Struckmeier, known for high end bespoke rifles, didn't sign this rifle because it was to basic, no frills. At least that's what the seller told me when I thanked him for his nice customer service. Here it is still soaking up stock oil:
20260425_115727-jpg.761421
 
I Joined the 9.3x62 family two days ago with the arrival of this
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7649.jpeg
    IMG_7649.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8541.jpeg
    IMG_8541.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_8851.jpg IMG_8865.jpg IMG_8853.JPG IMG_8858.jpg IMG_8859.jpeg
    IMG_8851.jpg IMG_8865.jpg IMG_8853.JPG IMG_8858.jpg IMG_8859.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_9984.jpeg
    IMG_9984.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1875.jpeg
    IMG_1875.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4051.jpeg
    IMG_4051.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2758.jpeg
    IMG_2758.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 156
My cz550 9.3x62.
Good story how I came about this rifle.
A gun show was in town close to my parents home. I went down for the weekend and my father and I went to the gun show Saturday afternoon and I seen this rifle on a table and was very interested in it. After my father and I return my mother hands me a $1000 for my wedding the fallowing month. So here im 5 miles away from a beautiful rifle with a $1000 more then I had when I was at the show.
When I left for home I made a quick stop back at the gun show and bought the rifle not telling no one besides my dad. I looked at it as a wedding gift to myself.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260425_161258494.jpg
    IMG_20260425_161258494.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 149

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,088
Members
169,492
Latest member
FYTEartha
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top