9.3mm Bullet wts vs Game wts

I'd say you have the rifle weight and loads about right. You could probably go down to 9lb and be fine, especially in the field when you don't seem to notice the recoil as much.
Thanks stug, I appreciate the input. I'm having fun playing with the new (to me) caliber!

Make that four; another Aussie. I'll be setting up for Nosler Accubond 250s, and for the BIGGER animals, Woodleigh 320s. The should make 2400 fps....

Awesome, the more the merrier !

I have only recently sighted mine in with a load developed using the 250gn T.S.X's.

I have no need to "stretch" mine in to buffalo hunting, so the lighter bullets suit me fine. My rifle shoots the 250' in to less than an inch routinely and at 2700fps they should prove dynamite on most soft skinned game.

The 9.3x64mm is really growing on me.

what game do you guys intend using 250s on?
the barnes would probably handle bigger game than the accubond?
bruce.

I imagine it'll work pretty well on anything in North America, including brown bear. It's certainly more than enough for everything else.

I took a 9.3x62mm to South Africa. 286 grain A-frames at 2500 fps thumped everything I shot at. I added weight to a Husqvarna Mauser to make it weigh 9 1/2 lbs. Comfortable to shoot and not to much to carry. I really like that rifle.

I took a 9.3x62mm to South Africa. 286 grain A-frames at 2500 fps thumped everything I shot at. I added weight to a Husqvarna Mauser to make it weigh 9 1/2 lbs. Comfortable to shoot and not to much to carry. I really like that rifle.

Do you mind sharing your load? I’m just working up loads for mine.

Do you mind sharing your load? I’m just working up loads for mine.

WAB, I've got a sheet from Western Powders for Big Game and the 9.3. If you're comfortable with the Woodleigh reloading manual, you'll be fine with this data sheet - they're showing 2500+ for 286 gr.

I bought some Big Game, but it has been too hot, and too many mosquitoes, in my reloading room to have worked up any loads. I'm also getting better than 2400 with sub-max load from Alliant Powerpro 2000MR

Thanks for the help!

I picked up a 9.3x62 in January this year, so I haven't hunted with it yet. 250 gr is probably enough pill for everything you might hunt down there except water buffalo.

9.3x64 matches 338win mag and 375 H&H almost exactly in the 250 gr bullets, at least on Nosler data. My swift data also shows 250 gr a-frames in 2600-2700 fps territory.
@Sgt Zim
I would have expected better out of the x64 and 375 as I get 2,700 out of the Whelen with 250 grainers.
Bob

I've heard that, but I already have Varget, 2000-MR, and Big Game in the cabinet. ;)

I'm getting 2420 with 62 gr of 2000-MR and 286 gr Hornady. Max published is 62.4, so I expect another .4 gr won't improve velocity much beyond that. And truthfully, 286 gr at 2420 is quite a thumping on my shoulder, at least sitting at a shooting bench.
@Sgt Zim
I'm the same with recoil off the bench but in the field I don't feel the recoil at all and dont even hear the rifle go off.
Bob

four trandsetters from down under.
i am hoping to try some 300 gn swift aframes soon on camels.
possibly the 286 aframes would perform the same on this sized animals.
286 noslers have proven unrelaible and incosistent in terminal performance at around 2600, even though they have a good b.c.
250 swift and barnes will be interesting to compare in the future.
i think for buffalo, oz and african, the 300 swift might be one of the better choices.
for lighter game and where flatter trajectory is useful, the controlled 250s are of interest.
the 235ish bullets would do a serious job on pigs and deer.
bruce.
@bruce moulds
Being the jet setting trend setters you all are mate next you know you'll be sitting around the campfire wearing footy socks and thongs (flip flops, jandals) and sipping chardonnay discussing the merits of the 9.3x64..
Bob

Make that four; another Aussie. I'll be setting up for Nosler Accubond 250s, and for the BIGGER animals, Woodleigh 320s. The should make 2400 fps....
Make that 5 Aussie’s shooting the 9.3 x 64 Breneke. Had one 30 yrs ago in a Mauser 66 now having one in a Blaser R8. There may be more 64 owners than you think.

Make that 5 Aussie’s shooting the 9.3 x 64 Breneke. Had one 30 yrs ago in a Mauser 66 now having one in a Blaser R8. There may be more 64 owners than you think.
@K95
The late Bruce Moulds was a lover of the 9.3x64 and regularly sung it praises. Projectiles and powder are reasonable in price like anything over 30 cal BUY holy shit Batman those case at expensive @ $260+ / hundred. Well out of my price ..
Bob

yes they are but all good quality cases are. Look at the price of any Norma cases now, there all more expensive than the RWS. Any way you carn’t take it with you and 100 cases will last a hunter forever.

The 9,3x64 is a very versatile caliber. With the 250 grs (TTSX or Accubond) you get the ballistics of a 300 Win Mag and the punch of the 375 H&H.
I love my 3 rifles in this caliber.

The 9,3x64 is a very versatile caliber.
I love my 3 rifles in this caliber.
Knowing this...., I feel better now when thinking about buying a second 9,3x64.

:cool:

HWL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.33.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.33.51 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.33.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.33.53 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
The 1st and 3rd Wild Boar taken in Norway in modern times wastaken by a 9,3x64 ,not sure of bullet but Swift or Woodleigh. A friend of mine who took them, 145 kg weighed the first boar,abd it suited well the combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.