9.3 x 62 Opinions

Thank you!
He is mounted outdoors with skull and antlers overlooking our courtyard.
The Texas Heart Shot went through left ham and all the way to the base of the neck. Made a real mess of all the innards. Bull did not go 100 yards after shot.

a Sauer 9.3 just popped up...

grab it quick... or I might be tempted... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks I hadn't thought about that. I actually own a couple 30-06s, one Rem 700. I'm not familiar with the process. Is it as simple as sending it to be re-barreled? What's a fair estimate for the re-barrel?
basically yes, take it to a smith you trust and tell him you would like it re-barreled to a 9.3.

also put on some sights.

however, i would not use the remington 700 for the donor rifle. it has some "flaws" that i would not want on a heavier/larger caliber rifle. the big one is the small extractor and button ejector. they do not give positive ejection. a thread on CRF vs PUSH FEED will clear up any questions regarding that ejection style and is a whole other subject.

How does this look? Anything I should be aware of?

Great Post war Browning FN Deluxe Sporter "1948" mode. Rebored to 9.3x62 MAuser, cut rifled 24" barrel with 1 in 12" twist. Pachmeyer pad and has 13 1/3 LOP.
Original Armstrong peep and front bead. Info on rebore at 35caliber.com or google "Reboring by JES" California shipments are OK, Shipping is FREE and included.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.32.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.32.52 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.32.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.32.54 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.32.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.32.55 AM.png
    981.7 KB · Views: 44

Great Post war Browning FN Deluxe Sporter "1948" mode. Rebored to 9.3x62 MAuser, cut rifled 24" barrel with 1 in 12" twist. Pachmeyer pad and has 13 1/3 LOP.
Original Armstrong peep and front bead. Info on rebore at 35caliber.com or google "Reboring by JES" California shipments are OK, Shipping is FREE and included.
What issues mounting a scope to this set-up?

While I do love the nostalgia of the 9.3, for predominantly North American hunting I think the .35 Whelen is probably the better choice…

Rifles chambered in Whelen are generally more affordable for the same make/model… ammo is more readily available… reloading components are more readily available… and the 9.3 and the Whelen are nearly ballistic twins…

I’ve already got one 35 Whelen in the safe and am in the process of sourcing parts for building another one… it’s been a serious mid bore grocery getter and has taken everything from TX pigs to a monster eland…
Sorry but I have to disagree. Currently no one is chambering the 35 Whelen in a factory rifle. Custom build? Yes. As far as 35 caliber bullets? right now they are as scares as teeth in a chickens head. 9.3 in various weights are available from numerous sources. Bob Nelson will sing the praises of the 35 (for good reason) but my vote goes to the 9.3.

The seller states that it was just re-bored and only test fired

Any comments on this one? Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate the opinions.

A little bit of TLC goes a long way when sprucing up older Mausers. Gives you a good place to start and you’ll never have to hold your pinky out like you do at snobbish Tea parties…..

What was the time period for the salt stocks on the Brownings?

Can anyone tell me what is meant by "target" barrel in this rifle? I don't see any reference to it on the Mauser website.

Web capture_14-1-2023_17508_www.gunsinternational.com.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawannaCol

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani