7mm Rem Mag Ammo Recommendation

The best bullet we found for the 7mag was the 140gr Nosler Partition. I think Federal loads it in factory ammo. With 160-175gr bullet we would just shoot pinholes thru game and lost to many. Others were shot with a different cartridge(like 30-06) and that is how we found out about the pinholes and lack of expansion. The 140 PAR have been very successful for deer/pigs and elk.
My 2 Cents

Appreciate all the suggestions! Like a few of you have mentioned, I plan on buying a few different loads mentioned by you good folks and seeing what she likes.

Appreciate all the suggestions! Like a few of you have mentioned, I plan on buying a few different loads mentioned by you good folks and seeing what she likes.
Perfect! Try multiple weights as well. Each will have different harmonics that can change accuracy.
Best of luck and keep us informed please.

I took my 7 SAUM to africa lat year. 160 gr Accubonds took down a lot of game. Used the 7mm RM the year before with the same results. The TTSX is another great bullet. The 168 gr. Bergers also work well on game taking them down with authority. Lots of good bullets. See what your rifle likes. Best of luck. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.