.600 Nitro Express

I need to get some supplies in before I get to play with it. Darn the slow mailman. Sometime this October it'll get to go on a bear hunt here in Alaska.
After that,,, hopefully Africa in a couple of years!

Luckily Cal Pappas, the gent that wrote the book on the 600 Nitro Express, lives close to me so he's going to help work up some loads.
 
Mike,
Very nice rifle, I'm a big fan of single shots. How can I get one like it?

chris
 
As I understand it, this is 1 of 2 of these made by (IMO) a master gunmaker, John Mitchell in Oregon.
But I was told that he's in very bad health so I'd guess that there won't be anymore made.

FYI incase anyone is interested, Cal Pappas has a website all about 600's and big bores double rifles in general.

The best in double rifles and African hunting

Jerome, if you're the one that enlarged my pictures,, THANK YOU!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,177
Members
169,915
Latest member
calfenspomgro1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top