60 days.....

You need to check with your taxidermist as soon as possible since you have to sign a power of attorney so that the importer can work on your behalf with US Customs. It should of been the same with importing trophies from New Zealand.

Baggs Wyo, hmmm, oh yeah that's where y'all set on the snowfences and watch the Antelope races, l remember now Lol . Just kidding
Have a great hunt!!!

Ask your PH/outfitter about bugs. Mosquitos can be annoying, tsetses downright maddening and pepper ticks- over the top! If pepper ticks are there for certain take along something like permethrin and use it. Have a great trip!

Be sure to get a prescription of Doxycycline. If you get bit by a tick start taking it immediately. You can get tick fever which can be flu like for 3 days or manifest into something serious. No side effects from Doxy except maybe an unhappy tummy.

Be sure to get a prescription of Doxycycline. If you get bit by a tick start taking it immediately. You can get tick fever which can be flu like for 3 days or manifest into something serious. No side effects from Doxy except maybe an unhappy tummy.
That I can do thanks for the heads up

I found that the Permithin will take care of a lot of the tick problems.

We hunted impala down on the southern coast and it was infested with ticks. Neither I nor one of my hunting partners had a single tick on us. Another hunter in our group went down into the same area two days after we did. He came back with more pepper ticks on him than his wife wanted to deal with. It was a good thing that she had some antibiotics with her that he could take. Guess what two hunters had the Permithin on their clothing.

Another day I was after kudu and we sat down to do some glassing. I didn't notice it but I kicked a rock that was concealing a ant bed. Those ants were all over my boots but that was as far as they went. I had treated my socks and pants with Permithin and it stopped them cold.

Even here in the US during spring turkey seasons I will soak my clothing in it just to keep the ticks off of me as I hike through the brush.

Hope you have an awesome trip! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Which lodge will you be at? My wife and I will be with Limcroma at Sable Valley starting May 23rd for our first safari
I honestly don’t know which lodge we are going to be at.... guess I better ask lol. How long are you guys staying? What are you hunting?

Scan important documents in color (passport, form 4457, etc) and email them to yourself.
10-4 actually have this done already as I emailed Henry everything he needed for my permit. And I kept it in my email. Also making me, my son, my brother little folders with all the paperwork in them.

@wysongdog,

You could get your vaccines for Hepatitis A & B which is a good precaution for any international travel, but certainly not necessary for your safari with us... Same situation with a malarial prophylactic medication.... We are in an area of the Limpopo which is considered an extremely low risk for malaria. Late May-early June is a very pleasant time of the year for us, and it is the beginning of the dry season. You should not encounter any mosquitoes or any flying insects at all for that matter during your stay with us. You could take a an anti-malarial medication if you wanted to rule out any chance of having a problem, but your risk of exposure is very low. I do recommend a booster for tetanus if you haven't had one in the last 5 years... We can't promise that you won't get scratched, stuck, or poked by something in Africa... Our acacia bush thorns and cat claws are the gifts that keeps on giving... ;)

You can never rule out ticks, but I have never personally picked up a tick in 6 safaris, and I have spent many hours crawling around in the bush stalking over that time span. Again, spraying down your outerwear with permethrin or something with DEET is never a bad idea, but ticks are not a consistent concern in our areas. The mambas and cobras scare them off.... Just kidding..! We look forward to hosting you very soon!

Letting the wife handle the insurance lol.
Likely she's just going to up your life insurance and hope you find a viper. LOL just kidding.

You should get copies of any insurance she buys for you and keep it on you, as well as throw one in your luggage too.

We wish you the best of luck on your hunt! We would love to handle your shipping needs and customs clearances to bring your shipment home. We will review all documentation, schedule and handle inspections, and clearances for our standard AH member price of $400. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call me and chat! Were here to help.

Best Regards,

Tom

Well that 60 days went in the blink of the eye!!! Lol between work and kids sports and graduation, seems like I just posted this lol. Hope I got all my ducks in a row because it’s probably too late now if we don’t. Leaving Monday morning at 5 for the 5 hour drive to Denver. And then let the games begin :)

The sad thing is that you will be back home before you even know that you are gone.

Good luck on the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg