577 NE double rifles

You specifically asked how many it has killed . I have told you. Thanks for your view .
I am pretty sure I "specifically" typed,

"A .577 Nitro express load generates pressures of 33K to 40K PSI. That is creating a potential bomb out of a BPE rifle, I don't care how many buffalo your friend has killed with it."

That is an accurate statement with which I am confident both the London and Birmingham proof houses would agree.

Look, should someone want to own a BPE, then by all means purchase one. I am simply suggesting that loading it and using it as it was intended is probably a good idea.
 
Last edited:
SSTC, way, way different animals, my little Holland 500-450 Nitro's old load was 480gr bullets at 2148 fps over 106grs of powder, really close to your 470 NE with 500gr bullets, I could fire that little Holland off my forehead:D, the 577 with real and full Nitro loads with 750 grs at 2076 fps over 133grs of powder is an all together different animal, recoil impulse, torque and velocity is off the charts.

You really have to concentrate to stay in the gun to shoot it well, you will also use your tongue to repack that pinch of smokeless snuff in your lip ; ]

Thanks Matt.
 
You really have to concentrate to stay in the gun to shoot it well, you will also use your tongue to repack that pinch of smokeless snuff in your lip ; ]
The bigger guns take a great deal of concentration and practice to shoot well! My old Jeffery double will shoot very well if you can keep your head in the game.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,210
Members
169,956
Latest member
amapmerigh1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top