500 Jeffery Recoil?

That was trying it out for first time with the aramid synthetic stock I got from cz at sci on it...from memory when we weighed it on Petes scales it was bout 9lbs..bout 1lb lighter than with original wood stock. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...going to see if can get recoil reducer in the stock as muzzle rises little bit too much. The synthetic stock fits me better and feels better .
@spike.t
Instead of a recoil reducer in the stock a couple of house bricks tied to the muzzle should stop muzzle rise. Not pretty but would work.
Ha ha ha ha
Bob

The synthetic stock on my Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby soaks up recoil. It's pretty soft, but still very accurate. 300g A-Frames at 2800 fps feels like i'm shooting a 300 Win mag. It only weighs 7 1/2 lbs with scope unloaded. I wish I could fit my CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery into one for Alaska. I like the pretty wood stock for everywhere else.

The recoil looks quite substantial. Don't see too many folks practicing a follow-up shot. Remember that one guy that had an R8 and did the magazine dump? That was a spectacular demonstration of recoil management. Boom! Boom! Boom! And he probably could've reloaded and done it all over.

The recoil looks quite substantial. Don't see too many folks practicing a follow-up shot. Remember that one guy that had an R8 and did the magazine dump? That was a spectacular demonstration of recoil management. Boom! Boom! Boom! And he probably could've reloaded and done it all over.
The Cost anymore & availability to put it through the paces is getting exorbitant .. I had no idea one could get that many reloads from the brass!

Once every three months or so I practice three shot groups offhand inside of 5 seconds, not very quick but I can hit what I aim at.

That's pretty quick, while hitting your intended target or group .. I put 3 through it over the past year & a half. Everything's on Hold .. I did find someone Happy to reload, however.

Last edited:
I've never had this much time behind a computer, but it's been fun, & so is the Jeffery. I'd like another but I believe .. were in a recession.

1694350984582.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyLever

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you