Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
That was trying it out for first time with the aramid synthetic stock I got from cz at sci on it...from memory when we weighed it on Petes scales it was bout 9lbs..bout 1lb lighter than with original wood stock. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...going to see if can get recoil reducer in the stock as muzzle rises little bit too much. The synthetic stock fits me better and feels better .

krish

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I will post the details and specks, pictures in a day or two. Been on 7/12 at work.
Thank you
Krish.

krish

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have this one and a Sako Brown Bear and have not fired either. I bought this one also because I can use heavier or monometal bullets. Sako's magazine will not fit for barnes Tsx or solid with out seating deep.

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Awesome, a beautiful rifle. You're all set for that 11' Kodiak bear. You should pick up Pinnel and Talifson's book "Last of the Great Brown Bear Men". It seems like our 500 Jeffery's should be hunting bears like this :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

krish

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Awesome, a beautiful rifle. You're all set for that 11' Kodiak bear. You should pick up Pinnel and Talifson's book "Last of the Great Brown Bear Men". It seems like our 500 Jeffery's should be hunting bears like this :)

Just ordered the book from Amazon.
Thank you.
Krish

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Greetings AH. This may be subjective, splitting hairs, or just ridiculous, but any feedback appreciated. All being equal in the Firearm ... Out of the Available Factory Ammo, is there a distinct difference in recoil between Kynoch's 535's 2400 fps "I believe" .. Norma's 540 Grain 2400 fps .. Norma's 575's 2198 fps? Thank You!!!

I also have Reload's grouped at 50 yards: 600 Grain 2100 fps.?

Many Thanks.
you’d need to know their powder type and grains of powder.

all things being equal: velocity same, brass same, bullet same, primer same, the powder that achieves those numbers with the fewest grains will have the least felt recoil. Sometimes but quite a bit! RL15 is softer than 4350 by 10-15lbs of recoil in 470NE as an example.

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Absolutely, that's why I load H4895 in my 500 Jeffery. I get 2300 fps with 103g of powder (loading data taken from "Any Shot You Want"). With IMR4350 it takes a lot more powder = more recoil

Daniel Cary

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have this one and a Sako Brown Bear and have not fired either. I bought this one also because I can use heavier or monometal bullets. Sako's magazine will not fit for barnes Tsx or solid with out seating deep.
I'm not impressed with the info Regarding the Sako .. this is not cool?!?

Daniel Cary

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Alright! 4350 it is! .. This round is astonishing, just in practice & introduction. Certainly ringing the bells in Tibet, however, you adapt. 14" LOP feels just a tad short? I'd imagine the doubles are a breed apart .. ?

Last edited:

Daniel Cary

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Oh, This issue regarding Sako & Barnes!

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings