.470 Capstick

Personal note: I'll be running a 458 Lott as a parallel build along side of the 470 Capstick. Just in case sh*t happens along the way.

That's great! What a wonderful opportunity to compare them side by side! If you dont mind please let us know of any nuances that you discover relating to the cartridges or the build process. As an aside, if I get the chance I think I would build the 470 on the Brno action as my other projects are on that frame.
 
Hope to see pictures during the build process!
 
This is several years old but did the 470 Capstick project ever come together on the 1917? I’d be interested in what happened if like to possibly have one built sometime just trying to learn of it
 
I finished this build a year or so ago. It is on a BRNO 602 action. It is a great shooter. 500 grains at 2300 fps will get your attention.
20240102_105359.jpg
 
I love that thing some awesome wood and I just love a Mauser, if you ever decide to sell it let me know. I spoke to a smith today about Reboring work on rifles into 470 capstick but he told me in the future he will tool up to do .474-475 caliber but he isn’t ready for it now. He’d like to take a .458 win mag and just bore it to 475 I’d be game for it but really there probably isn’t a gain just a little
Bigger hole.
 
This was a pacnor .475 barrel. Thanks I'll keep it for now. I have a .500 Jeffery and a .500 NE so it doesn't really fill a need but it turned out so nice I want to keep it and take a buffalo with it.
 
I understand for sure it’s a beautiful rifle tho I’ve become obsessed with big rifles tho I can dream on them for sure I do have a 458 Lott and a 375 Ruger plan to add some more
 
Howdy - I bought a left-handed Winchester model 70 470 capstick a number of years ago off gun broker. Haven’t shot it yet but was able to find quite a bit of ammo out of California when they were liquidating the Jeffrey Lash ordeal. I should really shoot it. Happy New year! Ham
 
Last edited:
Awesome if a guy wanted to buy a rifle a 470 capstick how much would they run for a decent Mauser would it be less than a cz550 price
 
Not sure what a CZ 550 goes for these days. Your best bet is to buy a Model 70 in 375 H&H and have it rebarreled. Or find one of the M70 Big Five in 470 Capstick.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,923
Members
169,646
Latest member
xoilac21com2
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top