460 Weatherby Dangerous Game Rifle

I will definitely track one of those down. I'm gonna fire up the google machine right now
Go ahead and get this one too if you don’t ha e it yet ... there’s a lot of “knowledge and understanding” in the sections prior to cartridge listings. Another must have.
image.jpg

I will definitely track one of those down. I'm gonna fire up the google machine right now
Go ahead and get this one too if you don’t ha e it yet ... there’s a lot of “knowledge and understanding” in the sections prior to cartridge listings. Another must have. View attachment 451783
I have that one in an Ebook. I read it and there is a lot of good info in that book, especially on understanding stability of a bullet in other mediums than air. Amazing what it takes.to keep a bullet on track once it is inside and animal

Vintage Double Rifles aren't as complicated as people would have you believe. There is a lot of really good stuff on the market right now. Problem is bullets safe for vintage guns, with no woodleigh available anymore what will happen,....Hornady or Swift I guess, North Fork isn't bring much into US. Check out Gunsinternational 13-15k buys a really nice english double right now, if you can swing 20 you'll being shooting a vintage rigby or WR boxlock. Everything up to and including a 500NE will be easier to shoot than that 460 W.

There is nothing in soft point available at all for 375 and up, make sure you check in stock only. But I have used them and they are awesome, easy on barrels too.

I'm going to send this one around one more time. I have several options if someone is interested. We can work a deal with brass and dies or without. I still got that itch for the double rifle.

I'm going to send this one around one more time. I have several options if someone is interested. We can work a deal with brass and dies or without. I still got that itch for the double rifle.
Get a good one and you won’t regret it !

I tried to classify myself by booking a tuskless hunt knowing I wanted to hunt a bull. I finally called and changed that the other day. They had one left on quota for next year. If I hunt a bull it is likely that is all I will be able to afford and I really want to hunt it with a double so I figure I might as well just get started now liquidating stuff because I know I won't be happy until I finally buy one.

I know the 460 has a reputation but someone could always buy this and load it down to win mag or lott levels. This is a cool gun and seems like a decent deal considering the wood and extras.

Good luck.

I know the 460 has a reputation but someone could always buy this and load it down to win mag or lott levels. This is a cool gun and seems like a decent deal considering the wood and extras.

Good luck.
That is what I do with it. I run between 2250 and 2400fps and it is great. Most of the dislike of this round is perpetuated by armchair hunters who have heard rumors and have never actually fired one. Much like people what still think the 458WM is a bad cartridge. The 460 is easily one of the most versitale cartridge in the big game world. You can run light loads hot loads, 300 grain spire points, 600 grain round nose. Reduced cast leas loads. Use the muzzle brake, don't use the Muzzle brake. If I don't sell it and get a double it is most likely this will be the rifle that I take to shoot the elephant.

That is what I do with it. I run between 2250 and 2400fps and it is great. Most of the dislike of this round is perpetuated by armchair hunters who have heard rumors and have never actually fired one. Much like people what still think the 458WM is a bad cartridge. The 460 is easily one of the most versitale cartridge in the big game world. You can run light loads hot loads, 300 grain spire points, 600 grain round nose. Reduced cast leas loads. Use the muzzle brake, don't use the Muzzle brake. If I don't sell it and get a double it is most likely this will be the rifle that I take to shoot the elephant.

The facts as history have shown them: any caliber .40 or larger using a bullet of proper construction that leaves the muzzle at 2150fps and impacts an animal at above 1900fps is wholly sufficient to kill any animal on earth.

Afditional power is handy in a professional’s hand when instantaneous death at 5 paces is required , but the way you’re loading this gun is completely “client sufficient”.

Some of the prettiest wood I’ve seen on a large WBY in awhile too.

My body hurts just looking at that thing! GLWS!

What double has the member offered you? You have'nt said...so what is it? Interested! LOL!

There has been 2. One is a Kreighoff and one is an older belgian made double. Both are 470's.
I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet.

I'm gonna give this one another bump up. I have found a 500 Jeffrey that I want to purchase. If any body is looking to get into a 460 weatherby, now would be the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg