458 win mag bullet comparison video

Nhoro

AH elite
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
2,778
Location
Harare,Zimbabwe
Media
29
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe

Just watched this video on YouTube. I think it does a good job on the endless bullet selection argument. They all work well.

It was interesting to see that TSX gets 20 % more penetration but gives up about 20 -25% wound diameter. Swings and roundabouts- if you gain in one area, you have to give up in another. He also sums it up well, no wrong choice, just different choices
 
Good presentation! No real surprises, except possibly to the Hornady critics. The Barnes did pretty much what we all expected, smaller expansion, lots of penetration. I am partial to Swifts, but, like the man said, I would use any of them with confidence. Maybe Hornady has finally figured out how to make a good DG soft.
 
I’ve been thoroughly impressed with his content. He has done some excellent interviews with Kevin Robertson which I’ve enjoyed.

One of which he breaks down the different damage in wounds found from “Softs”, RN Solids, FN Solids, and Cup nose solids. If memory serves KR described RN as something like 1/3 caliber wound track, FN half caliber, CN 2x, and expanding bullets 3x. Though I maybe a bit off as it’s been a bit.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,862
Members
170,410
Latest member
peaceandwar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top