.458 Remington Ultra Mag

Where did you get the brass peen made? I need on for a 416 WSM and 458 B&M.

Where did you get the brass peen made? I need on for a 416 WSM and 458 B&M.

Infinimark Enterprises, Canoga Park, CA, 818-576-1121
Att; Noelle Blackshear, as she is familiar with the design requirements for cartridge peens (Bunts).

Note; the peen (stamp) is the same diameter as the cartridge head, I will be modifying mine with a sleeve that keeps it aligned over the case... the sleeve can be epoxied on. This will aid greatly in keeping it in place and perpendicular for the strike more than just with the pilot protrusion that fits into the primer pocket.

I've been tossing around ideas for the Model 70 Classic in 300 RUM I have, and remembered a gun my brother owned briefly back in '09 or so and that I had a dummy round still on hand.

View attachment 593002

A guy had it built for a dangerous game hunt on a R700 (I know, the horror). It had this cheesy single stack plastic mag extension that would dump all the rounds every time you fired. I fired it once from standing and really wasn't too bad for a 9ish lb rifle, but it was braked. Anyways, it sure looked good and fed well in the M70 action!

View attachment 593003

I was a little suprised to not find more on it while searching last night. I found one reference to a .458 RUM and another for a .458 Super Cat. I'm assuming a bit more power than necessary and lack of properly headstamped brass is at least partially to blame.
Look up .458 Imperial Mag In Cartridges of the world. That’s pretty much what you have there.

I've been tossing around ideas for the Model 70 Classic in 300 RUM I have, and remembered a gun my brother owned briefly back in '09 or so and that I had a dummy round still on hand.

View attachment 593002

A guy had it built for a dangerous game hunt on a R700 (I know, the horror). It had this cheesy single stack plastic mag extension that would dump all the rounds every time you fired. I fired it once from standing and really wasn't too bad for a 9ish lb rifle, but it was braked. Anyways, it sure looked good and fed well in the M70 action!

View attachment 593003

I was a little suprised to not find more on it while searching last night. I found one reference to a .458 RUM and another for a .458 Super Cat. I'm assuming a bit more power than necessary and lack of properly headstamped brass is at least partially to blame.
.458 Imperial Magnum, AKA .458 Canadian Magnum. https://cartridgecollector.net/cartridge/458-canadian-magnum/

Attachments

• 458 CANADIAN MAGNUM - Cartridge Collector.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tooter57

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!