.458 Express

peras

AH elite
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
1,126
Deals & offers
142
Media
710
Articles
2
Member of
PHASA HSC
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
The gunsmith started work on a .458 express Im building.This will be a long six months!:cool:
 
Sounds like you just might be excited about that rifle?

Gunsmith started and YOU are building??? Please explain.
 
Brickburn,the gunsmith is doing the work and Im putting it together in my imagination!
 
Some guys actually calls it the .458 three inch.To be precise it is actually 2.99 and takes about 8 grains more powder than the lott.
 
A buddy of mine contemplated putting one together.
(it never got done)

Inexpensive 3" cylinder brass was available in large lots, making reloading cheap and avoiding time consuming and meanial case trimming work.

8 more grains capacity over the 458 Lott cartridge gives you a formidable round.


Good luck with the build.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,476
Members
169,572
Latest member
FloridaGlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top