45-70 for dangerous game?

Edit: Michael shed some light on that.
Nonsense, I love solids, Solids will save the day........... Good ones mind you, properly designed Solids... All solids are not created equal........... Before retirement my load out was 90% solids....... But I don't stop shooting after one shot, I like to shoot, so all shots after one is solids........ I hate carrying ammo home, weighs to much.........
Hey behave...its my job to insult the 375 ....
You need to step up your game, no one despises 375 more than I........... It will take you many years to hate that caliber even close to what I do......... LOL

We don't? My PH advised solids. I found a load with solids, based on his recommendation. Both were one shot kills with solids. Admittedly, a very small sample size... but the solids worked extremely well. Not doubting you sir... just seeking clarification?

Edit: Michael shed some light on that.

Also, I have a couple of other DG species I want to hunt... with my .45-70... with the proper bullets, and accepting my limitations.
So he advised solids for lion, leopard and Cape buffalo in 45-70?
Not for me and the we is I and I dont use solids for any of the mentioned 3 dg irrespective of caliber....

He advised solids specifically for my buffalo hunt. Not lion or leopard.

Lets just get real about this once and for all.......the 45-70 is just not proper form for Africa.......PERIOD!!! :p
Well DEGOINS that settles that and while you’re on your “Period” what else would you like to rag about?

That wasn't a rag, it was a well known statement of fact.
DEGOINS: you are more “humble” then most — can you tell us All about the time You invented the .45-70 and why you didn't create it for Buffalo??

I'd settle for personal experience with a .45-70 on DG, buffalo or otherwise...

If you don't know how to place the shot. It doesn't matter what you have. 45/70 ,375, 416, 500 or any other weapon. Period.

DEGOINS: you are more “humble” then most — can you tell us All about the time You invented the .45-70 and why you didn't create it for Buffalo??
I'm more humble THAN most not THEN......jeeze!! I'm afraid I cannot take any credit whatsoever for the invention of the horse killer. I have owned several though. I still have one.

I'm more humble THAN most not THEN......jeeze!! I'm afraid I cannot take any credit whatsoever for the invention of the horse killer. I have owned several though. I still have one.
DEGOINS: Well, at least We now know you are an Expert at Grammar & Spelling, have a faint sense of Humor, and can take a punch or two —- and get up off the mat to keep making uninformed comments about the .45-70. Based on the 100s of Buffalo that you’ve killed and the dozens you’ve stopped in full charge — what is your recommendation (don’t strain yourself getting up from your recliner to answer).

After that, you better triple check your posts before hitting "post reply."
HOYTCANON, it wouldn’t matter - I can’t spell and am worse at Grammar…I’m slightly better with a .45-70 and thought that was what the OP was about….my reading comprehension may also be below average

Fortunately it doesn't take an expert in grammar to know where a then or a than goes. And please enlighten us all on what uniformed comment that I made concerning your favorite dangerous game cartridge? As far as hundreds of buffalo killed and charges stopped, I must leave that to you and you 45-70 who's feelings I obviously hurt.
I admit you got me on the recliner part. But I didn't have to get up.....thankfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noafrica4me

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you