425 Westley Richards

BnC 04

AH legend
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
2,069
Reaction score
5,071
Location
a Bright Red location in Northern MN
Media
112
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
4
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Finally getting around to posting a few pictures and info on the 425 WR I snatched up a few weeks ago on AH.
Action is a 1909 Mauser and getting the 425 to feed properly and reliably can/is a bit tricky but Sterling Davenport knew what he was doing because after loading a few test cartridges, I found the action feeds, chambers and extracts beautifully.
Looking forward to seeing how it performs on the range.

Screenshot_20200317-120116.png
Screenshot_20200317-120109.png
Screenshot_20200317-120103.png
Screenshot_20200317-120056.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice
 
Glad you have it working good. Congratulations on your purchase.

I don't think I have ever held a 425wr that didn't have a magazine box. Yours seems very unique!
 
I am amazed that there is a 1909 action out there that looks that good! Congrats
 
It's about damn time we saw some pictures.
Lord knows you didn't wait for the seller to post any before buying it. :D
 
Nice looking piece in an unusual caliber. You don't see a lot of 425 W.R.(s) around. Stirling Davenport is a name that I haven't seen before. A quick look on the internet shows that he is currently 85 years old. Did he build the rifle or did it come out of his shop? Either way another capable gunsmith has been identified.
 
Nice looking piece in an unusual caliber. You don't see a lot of 425 W.R.(s) around. Stirling Davenport is a name that I haven't seen before. A quick look on the internet shows that he is currently 85 years old. Did he build the rifle or did it come out of his shop? Either way another capable gunsmith has been identified.
S.D. did the metal work/chambering. Was kind of nice to see the receipt for the work done on the rifle for the original owner by Sterling.
 
Looks better than a 12 pack of Charmin. And just as smooth I bet!
 
Beautiful rifle, and love that oil finish stock. Congrats!!!!!
 
I predict that Bidets will be coming back after this shortage. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Bidet.jpg


My apologies, didn't mean to derail this post. :(:(
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,352
Messages
1,573,848
Members
169,862
Latest member
proftiosasi1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top