416 Taylor Project

Aaron.F

AH enthusiast
Joined
Oct 8, 2020
Messages
259
Reaction score
688
Location
Southern Michigan
Media
55
Hunting reports
Africa
3
I found an Interarms Mark X in 416 Taylor on Gunbroker for $500 and as you can see by the pictures some work is needed. The good news is the barrel looks good and it already has a Timney Trigger with safety. The existing stock is all cracked up, which I knew somewhat, but was unsure of how much. It appears to be basically unfixable, so a new stock will be in the works. I will need to also locate a new trigger guard and floor plate assembly. I am planning on posting pictures as I go. Please let me know if you have any advice, parts, or sources, thank you.
 

Attachments

  • 402EB804-8F0E-445A-B701-5FB7332A3781.jpeg
    402EB804-8F0E-445A-B701-5FB7332A3781.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 227
  • 0757BDA7-041B-4097-96D8-6DC15C92710B.jpeg
    0757BDA7-041B-4097-96D8-6DC15C92710B.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 213
  • 1E7BE843-94B1-46A6-AE05-C08C4112CB27.jpeg
    1E7BE843-94B1-46A6-AE05-C08C4112CB27.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 208
  • 9B174C44-0115-46D3-BAEF-F9238D2B6B47.jpeg
    9B174C44-0115-46D3-BAEF-F9238D2B6B47.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 205
  • EA261FA1-59BA-4563-A3CE-CE8D77BDEEFF.jpeg
    EA261FA1-59BA-4563-A3CE-CE8D77BDEEFF.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 202
  • 8F6E6A4E-265A-49BE-A884-D43C4C84D4E2.jpeg
    8F6E6A4E-265A-49BE-A884-D43C4C84D4E2.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 196
  • A80A9320-AAF2-4C64-A40C-46EF1BC63ECE.jpeg
    A80A9320-AAF2-4C64-A40C-46EF1BC63ECE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 211
  • DFB55991-5026-44EB-9998-5B8E65B32D86.jpeg
    DFB55991-5026-44EB-9998-5B8E65B32D86.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 189
I can’t tell from the photo of the bottom metal condition. But, what is wrong with it? You’ll need sights too, but I see it has a barrel band. Good buy for $500 and nice project. I have a Whitworth .416 Taylor and love it.
 
I can’t tell from the photo of the bottom metal condition. But, what is wrong with it? You’ll need sights too, but I see it has a barrel band. Good buy for $500 and nice project. I have a Whitworth .416 Taylor and love it.
Nothing wrong with the bottom metal per se, other than I want one with a release and hinged floor plate.
 
Gotcha. The bottom metal on there is probably aftermarket because Mark Xs and all Whitworths had hinged floor plates I believe? But, maybe not on all of the Mark Xs? Newer (circa 1988 or thereabouts) Whitworths had the magazine release button on the top of the trigger guard on the right side. Older models like one of mine, had the magazine release inside and on the bottom of the trigger guard. Just FYI.
 
I don’t miss having a drop out floor plate on my Parker Hale in 416 Taylor. With the control round feed its just a little flick of the bolt to release the second round. I only load one extra round, becauseI have never needed more than one shot. Everything I shoot at has fallen over dead for some reason! Lol! Have fun with your build. I’m sure you will enjoy the round as much as I do, and others here on this forum.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,395
Messages
1,574,957
Members
170,201
Latest member
MosheChang
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top