.416 Ruger

Did Ruger stop making rifles in 416 Ruger? I see all the African models say Currently Unavailable, except the 280 AI (which is limited) and the Guide Gun is only available in 30-06. Is it the supply chain/worker/behind schedule issue or are they ceasing production of those models?

I was just outbid on GougeBroker on an Alaskan version 416 with green laminate stock. I am also interested in purchasing one at a more reasonable price. It’s unfortunate for Ruger to stop making such a popular item. This Ruger is a back up idea while I wait for a B&M opportunity to present itself. (Short action, short barrel threaded for suppressor setup) I have also thought of getting the 375 Ruger version & re-barrel to a 416. I plan to use this setup for 100 yards & closer for DG, preferably 25 to 50 yds. I’m thinking custom hand loads using 300 or 325 hammers & their 397 solids…that ought to do it. (Or the CEB Raptor & BBW #13 equivalent.)

Did Ruger stop making rifles in 416 Ruger? I see all the African models say Currently Unavailable, except the 280 AI (which is limited) and the Guide Gun is only available in 30-06. Is it the supply chain/worker/behind schedule issue or are they ceasing production of those models?
I reached out to Ruger last week, they told me while those models are not discontinued, they are on hold for the foreseeable future.

The second they start up production again and retailers start seeing these i'm grabbing a Guide Gun in 416 Ruger.

No one else seems to offer a comparable package.
I’d buy one too. Not sure if we’ll ever see them again though

I bought a new African in 416 Ruger about a month ago, so they have been available recently.

I bought mine from ammoandarms.com but it seems to have been the only one they had.

Gunbroker had a few listed recently but I just did a quick search and don't see them anymore. They have plenty available in 375 Ruger though.

I bought a new African in 416 Ruger about a month ago, so they have been available recently.

I bought mine from ammoandarms.com but it seems to have been the only one they had.

Gunbroker had a few listed recently but I just did a quick search and don't see them anymore. They have plenty available in 375 Ruger though.
After I posted this thread, and talked to RUGER on the phone, they became available again. Contemplating one in 300 Win Mag.

I ended up buying a Guide Gun in 338 WinMag although I'm not seeing it availible in 375 and a few African Models in 416.

After I posted this thread, and talked to RUGER on the phone, they became available again. Contemplating one in 300 Win Mag.
I talked to them as well not long ago when sourcing another stock for one. The lady in NH indicated they made a run of the 416’s but not near as many as the 375’s

There's NIB Ruger Guide Guns in both .416 Ruger for $1350 and .375 Ruger for $1359 HERE on GunJoker. Price seems high to me but haven't really been looking for one?

Two recently sold on GB

1701312026792.png

I finally saw a Ruger African in person at a gun show this weekend. It is a neat and easy pointing rifle, but it is so light. The fit and finish were a little rough, very gritty action, decent lumber for the money. Is the safety lever polymer or just really light aluminum or something? Felt cheap to me. Otherwise, I still kinda want one in 300 win mag.

I finally saw a Ruger African in person at a gun show this weekend. It is a neat and easy pointing rifle, but it is so light. The fit and finish were a little rough, very gritty action, decent lumber for the money. Is the safety lever polymer or just really light aluminum or something? Felt cheap to me. Otherwise, I still kinda want one in 300 win mag.
The weight on the African had me Leery of buying one in 375 or 416 (7.8lbs)

The Guide Gun at 8.1lbs is already on the lighter end for a 416.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdetteBlam

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you