416 Ruger load data???

M70375!

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
723
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Wyoming
Media
18
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Hunted
Botswana, Mozambique Alaska, Canada, MT WY NM ID ND SD OR KS
I just put a deposit down on a new Parkwest Arms Savannha, but I haven't decided on caliber. It will be either 416 Rem, Taylor or Ruger, I already have a Rem in a Kimber Caprivi, so I would like to get the Ruger or Taylor, less powder needed and less recoil and a shorter action, but I can not find load data anywhere for the Ruger. Does anyone know where to find it or have any they would be willing to share?
Thanks
 
Guess I will. have to get a new manual
 
Last edited:
Great thanks for your help!!
 
This is from a 416 Ruger out of a Ruger guide gun

Buffalo bore ammo shoots so well out of it that I’m not going to reload
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8863.png
    IMG_8863.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 78
what grain bullet and velocity
 
Open the picture and it will show you underneath. Hundred yards, 400 grain barnes TSX at 2420 ft./s.

The 2420 is a six shot average

16 SD
 
Thanks, I LOVE IT, why get the bigger Rem case.
 

Midway has 416 Ruger brass in stock right now. It's $73 for 50 pieces. Consider buying several hundred pieces now while they're available. Availability is intermittent and that's the only downside I see to this. The accuracy on the 2 416 rugers I own, a Guide gun and an African, is so good that it stopped me from buying the 416 Remington
 

Midway has 416 Ruger brass in stock right now. It's $73 for 50 pieces. Consider buying several hundred pieces now while they're available. Availability is intermittent and that's the only downside I see to this. The accuracy on the 2 416 rugers I own, a Guide gun and an African, is so good that it stopped me from buying the 416 Remington
what grain bullets are you using and what velocity are you getting with what powder charge
 
The Buffalo bore shoots so well that I'm not going to reload for this rifle at this point. I am set up to reload with brass, bullets, dies, etc, but am not sure that I can do better.

Perhaps others will chime in
 
Nosler online

 
I use 2000MR with 400gr Barnes (2360 fps) and 400gr Swift (2350 fps).out of a Ruger Alaskan with a 20” barrel.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,240
Members
169,298
Latest member
MiloSchube
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top