375H&H reloading

Carterhunts1205

New member
Joined
Sep 13, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Looking for a good load for 375H&H

Got two bullet choices , a soft and a solid .

286Gr PMP solids and 300 Gr peregrine bushmaster expanding /softs.

Would like to get 4000 lbs of energy out of both or at least a good velocity for my solids as penetration is the goal with the solids.

Can anyone give me some ideas on powder choice or any knowledge with loading either of these , will be shooting out of a 375H&H and the barrel length with the bolt closed is 22.24 inches
 
Never loaded either of those bullets, but 78.0g of H4350 prints 5 shot groups sub MOA at just over 2600 fps out of my M70 with 300 grain A-Frames, and other similar 300 grain bullets I've fired with that same load. Energy is around 4500 ft-lb. Work up, don't start at 78.0g. I've also had good results with Win748, H4895 and Varget in .375H&H. The 300 grain GameKings print nearly overtop the A Frames with that load if you can get your hands on them. Much less expensive than premium bullets for practice.
 
Would like to get 4000 lbs of energy out of both or at least a good velocity for my solids as penetration is the goal with the solids.
i would shoot 300 gr bullets, if you get 2500 fps, you will end up with 4100+ ft lbs of energy
 
My load with a 300-grain Barnes STX bullet has proven to be a buff killer a couple of times. It's a very good bullet. Weight retention is almost 100 percent.

My load uses Varget powder with a Federal 215 magnum primer in either Norma or Hornady cases. Velocity is 2,480 fps at what looks to be fairly low pressure with easy extraction and no indication of brass flow into the ejector slot. At 2,480 fps (5 shot average over a chronograph) the mathematical energy figure is: 4,098 foot pounds. Accuracy in my 375 H&H Mauser actioned Remington 798 rifle is just sub-1 MOA for multiple 3 shot groups at 100 yards.

Good luck with your project.
 
Anyone know what the deal is with all the OUT OF STOCK issues with Bullets?? I have needed some 260 gr Accubond for my 375 for month's . Is it cyclical --ie time of year or what? I hate to change loads but it is just not right.
 
I’ve only loaded 270 Hornady SP’s in my H&H, and was using WW 760. I was several grains above the suggested book loads of the day, but, it was a listed load in an ancient Hornady Loading Manual. I don’t know the velocities, as I didn’t have a chronograph at that time. But, it was very, very accurate. With 5 shot groups, not allowing for adequate cooling time between the shots....the first 4 were going around 1/2”, with the 5th opening the group to over an inch. I was able to repeat this several times, and called it “good enough for government work”! This was 30 years ago. Today I’m hearing very good stuff about RL 15. If I were starting over today with the H &H, I’d try one of the 250 grain mono’s, a Barnes TTSX or a Hammer.
 
Anyone handloading the 235grn bullets?

If so, what make, and what accurate loads have you found with using either Varget or Reloader 15?

Thx.
 
My Ruger RSM likes the Speer Hot-Cor 235gr I loaded up for my whitetail load for my 375 H&H. Midweight charge of CFE223 according to Speer book. 2850 fps.. easy recoil and accurate enough. I have only shot paper thus far, but that will hopefully change tomorrow. Doe culling operation day two.
 
Anyone handloading the 235grn bullets?

If so, what make, and what accurate loads have you found with using either Varget or Reloader 15?

Thx.
I’ve shot the Speer 235s. My rifle liked 74.0 & 75.0gr of Varget. Velocity was around 2830 and 2875 respectively. The accuracy was really good!
I don’t have enough R-15 to play with so that didn’t get tested.
 
I was shown a load for the 235s -- 84 gr of CFE223 at just over 3000 fps
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,540
Members
169,755
Latest member
JungEscoba
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top