Media
Member of
SCI
7ZnjNwe.jpg

This is a compressed load, increased the COL
to mitigate the powder compression, still
very good accuracy. This is a max working load
for this rifle, easy bolt lift and extraction,
adequate radius on the fired primers but getting close to the upper end.

These results are are unique to this rifle and are probably to hot for another similar rifle.
80gr would work just fine.

2750 fps is great, from my limited testing RL 17
is my go-to powder for the 375 Ruger.

Attachments

• 7ZnjNwe.jpg
    7ZnjNwe.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 186
What's your barrel length? I have a 23 inch barrel and run about 2550 fps. Your velocity of 2750 is smoking!

GI don’t load my own shells I just buy Ammo.
This is about Hornady Dangerous Game Ammo.
I started with the 300 grain that everyone is using.
But I found some 270 grain that was boat tail so I changed my zero to 200 yards. From 50/100 with the 300 grain.
This was the first day shooting the 270 grain.
374E0656-9064-46FD-85DA-8CD1835B901C.jpeg

Ignore the small targets they are my 204 Ruger.
The low right hole is the first shot after 100 yards moving it up. I made another move then shot the three in the ten ring.
The chart said it would be 8 inches low at three hundred.
The next toevout I shot at 200 getting it better and then shot at three hundred with a dot set at eight inches high.
The cross hairs on my 5 power scope covered up the dot at three hundred.
I had two shells left in the box so I shot both of them. When I went down to get the target I saw that one was one inch low and the other was an inch and a half high, both were an inch to the left.
A2E0DE4E-8CA8-4582-8927-4CAEA234F2C3.jpeg

Great for a five power scope.
The Ammo is the following.

BF35B174-4222-47BD-8A96-60CA1F852D80.jpeg

Ok guys you have officially got me into reloading mode I’ve been preoccupied most of the summer but now I have to start rolling some rounds and emptying some.
Shawn

My buddy just bought a Savage 116 in 375 Ruger, and is working up loads with TSX 270 and RL 17. There seems to be an awful lot of jump in that rifle if he seats the bullet to normal depth. Anyone have any suggestions? @375 Ruger Fan - thoughts?

if it shoots straight, does it matter?
might need a little more powder for the same velocity as a shorter throat.
is it saami spec?
more bullet jump, if accuracy is acceptable, can be a good thing in hot weather pressure wise.
bruce.

I can’t remember the grains off the top of my head, but IMR 4955 with Barnes 300 grain TSX. Has always done right by me. Hornady brass and Czech primers.

I just got back from two weeks chasing leopards in Namibia.
The load I worked up all summer:
1) Nosler AccuBond Bullets 375 Caliber 300 Grain Bonded Spitzer.
2) Alliant Reloder 15 71.5 gr.
3) Win LR Mag primers.

This load averaged 2600fps +/- (15fps)
My 100 yard zero was perfect for 0 to 150 yards
The 200 yard zero however proved to be the "Maximum point blank zero" out to 300 yards.
Since I was after Leopards I stayed with the 100 yard zero.

This load is the hammer of god on Baboons Wart hogs and Impala. DOA Dirt naps the Impala I shot at 120 yrds. did go @ 30 yards everything else dropped stone dead where they were hit.
(Note: Exit wounds were nasty) My PH after seeing the results is switching to Nosler AccuBond Bullets for all plains game. (I'm sticking with Swift A-Frames for Zebra Gemsbok etc.)

My buddy just bought a Savage 116 in 375 Ruger, and is working up loads with TSX 270 and RL 17. There seems to be an awful lot of jump in that rifle if he seats the bullet to normal depth. Anyone have any suggestions? @375 Ruger Fan - thoughts?

Sorry, not a reloader and not familiar with Savage rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross