.375 H&H

It has all pretty much been said....the 375 H&H is very versatile. I also have quick detach (Warne) rings, and two scopes (plus iron sights). I have a 1.75 - 5 power for dangerous game and up close work. Also 2 - 12 variable for plains game or that occasional longer shot. I am thinking about adding a third scope for it as well with a lighted reticle for the low light shots like for when I finally try for my leopard. Buy the "best" glass you can afford and whatever reticle works best for you. It"s nice to have an extra scope along incase one goes "gunny bags" on you. Its great to have the option to go iron sights but you need to sight them in and practice with them in order for them to preform for you and as you age it gets harder to see the front and back sights of the iron so be prepared for that. You picked a great caliber, enjoy and good luck!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As you age it gets harder to see the front and back sights of the iron

If the barrel is long enough I don't have a problem with the front sight - Now, the rear sight - That's an entirely different result.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bought myself a Safari 70 375H&H. Any advice on what size scope and make I should have fitted on it. Thank you.

Suggest Swarovski z8

W the red dot. Very fast to sight and in poor light such as a buffalo in thick scrub and in the shade.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,960
Members
169,071
Latest member
FreddyGoss
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top