.375 H&H

It has all pretty much been said....the 375 H&H is very versatile. I also have quick detach (Warne) rings, and two scopes (plus iron sights). I have a 1.75 - 5 power for dangerous game and up close work. Also 2 - 12 variable for plains game or that occasional longer shot. I am thinking about adding a third scope for it as well with a lighted reticle for the low light shots like for when I finally try for my leopard. Buy the "best" glass you can afford and whatever reticle works best for you. It"s nice to have an extra scope along incase one goes "gunny bags" on you. Its great to have the option to go iron sights but you need to sight them in and practice with them in order for them to preform for you and as you age it gets harder to see the front and back sights of the iron so be prepared for that. You picked a great caliber, enjoy and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
As you age it gets harder to see the front and back sights of the iron

If the barrel is long enough I don't have a problem with the front sight - Now, the rear sight - That's an entirely different result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought myself a Safari 70 375H&H. Any advice on what size scope and make I should have fitted on it. Thank you.

Suggest Swarovski z8

W the red dot. Very fast to sight and in poor light such as a buffalo in thick scrub and in the shade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois