375 H&H

I have a Winchester Model 70 in 375 H&H topped with a Zeiss 3.5x10 scope shooting 270 grain Barnes TSX bullets and I LOVE IT! It seems to be a great all around rifle and its a pleasure to shoot.

I have a new model 70 Winchester in 375 H & H with a Leupold VX6 2-12 illuminated scope on it. At the range the gun is capable of putting 3 shots into one ragged hole. I used in on plains game with Hornady Superformance 270 grain SP RP ammo. I don't think of this as dangerous game ammo but it sure flattened everything I hit well with it.

With that ammo it has a tragetory close to a 30-06 and is very effective out to 300 yards. After handling it, my PH told me I should hold onto that gun because it handles well and shoots great. I like that it is controlled round feed and it seems to be a good compromise on weight and recoil. It is just a great shooter and I don't end up banged up by it. It comes with a great recoil pad and for the price I think you would be hard pressed to do better for an all around African Rifle. The only possible negatives I see are that it only holds 3 rounds in the magazine and that the walnut stock may not be the best thing for an Alaskan hunt.

If your interested I will most likely be offering up my CZ550 375HH American complete with Quick release mounts, also had the action and feed ramp polished and the trigger adjusted by a Pro,,presently has a Vortex 3.5X10X50 but will seperate. I can alway find use for the scope,,It has a round count at about a 100 . I also have Brass and Re- loading dies,,

Boy that doesn't sound good Robb44, that really should be kept for future hunts. I absolutely love mine.

Boy that doesn't sound good Robb44, that really should be kept for future hunts. I absolutely love mine.
I like mine to, but you have hunted Chris,s property and that 375 is a load for a Geezer like me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois