.375 Cal Suppressor anyone?

Is the use of iron sights precluded by all suppressors? Scope only unless suppressor removed? Anyone practice suppressed and purposely hunt without, like many do with muzzle brakes?

Shooting a 338LM suppressed, I hated it. It was a very loooog heavy push. The only time I have ever been scoped. I did not want a suppressor after that experience.

Now some years have past and have shot suppressed with other rifles. I'm doing my best to have a suppressor for every rifle.
With your experience with a suppressed .338 LM, would you get one for a .375?

I’m not using a brake on any of my barrels, so I presume the push I’m used to with a .375 will be easier.

With your experience with a suppressed .338 LM, would you get one for a .375?

I’m not using a brake on any of my barrels, so I presume the push I’m used to with a .375 will be easier.

I have several TBAC suppressors in 30cal and 338cal. If they come out with a 375 can I'll buy one. I'll probably build a raptor for it, I'm not cutting my R8 barrel to fit a suppressor. I might have Palehorse Zero cut me a barrel so that I can use it on it. We will see how it goes. I hope this happens sooner than later. My oldest can in jail right now is 195 days. I would love to get this on the books now in the hopes of another batch approval. Last approval was 7 suppressors.

Trust me I would also be ragging on a man card carrying gent that showed up to camp suppressed. Either way still need one for the wife and willing to take a little grief for her comfort.
Cheers!

HH
when my buddy opened our gun cases and the PH's and trackers saw we had suppressors they cheered for us. and for us that wear hearing aids we do not alway have time to take them out and put muffs or plugs in

when my buddy opened our gun cases and the PH's and trackers saw we had suppressors they cheered for us. and for us that wear hearing aids we do not alway have time to take them out and put muffs or plugs in
Yeah. My PH had supressors on camp rifles. My guess a lot of PH under 50 prefer them. Even the guy above was worried about muzzle blast in leopard blind.

Is the use of iron sights precluded by all suppressors? Scope only unless suppressor removed? Anyone practice suppressed and purposely hunt without, like many do with muzzle brakes?
I recently used a 416 Ruger caliber rifle (Mauser 66) with modified Hausken MD45 suppressor (diameter increased from .308" to 458") with rifle scope and open sights.
Worked pretty well, shooting without any additional ear protection and reduced recoil.
DSC01780.jpeg

I recently used a 416 Ruger caliber rifle (Mauser 66) with modified Hausken MD45 suppressor (diameter increased from .308" to 458") with rifle scope and open sights.
Worked pretty well, shooting without any additional ear protection and reduced recoil.View attachment 560757
Badass my man. Great job

Worked pretty well, shooting without any additional ear protection and reduced recoil.View attachment 560757
So, did you have to remove the suppressor to us the open sights? Congrats on the buff!

Dead Air is not a good example. They have more QC issues than Texas has cows.
Have to agree. Cool name, mediocre suppressors, terrible customer service, and almost impossible to find adaptive parts. 10 month wait for my stamp, then over a year to find parts..!? Finally bought a Silencerco adapter - Silencer Shop told me what parts I could interchange.

Thunderbeast seem hard to find, but well worth the money, IMO. Tames my .30-378 unbelievably well. Also, have had great luck/experience with Rugged.

Does anyone have experience with the YHM R45?

Seems very affordable compared to most.. YHM seems to have a good reputation overall with cans… etc…

I’ve found a few reviews online that are pretty positive… and I reached out to YHM yesterday to ask if its limitation is 45-70 (thats the biggest / most powerful rifle caliber they list it to be compatible with.. although they also say it is compatible with 308 Win, 300 BLK, and other higher PSI and faster moving calibers as well..).. they told me it would work with 458 SOCOM and any other .458 caliber or smaller center fire caliber with at least a 16" BBL..

Anyone with first hand experience here?

Im thinking this might be a good option to work on everything in the safe from the 458 down to the 350 Legend Ive got in there (although I dont intend on mounting it to any of my larger mid bores or big bore bolt actions like the 416, 375, etc).. but it might be a good solution for the entire family of AR's Ive got that include 556, 300 BLK, 350 Legend, and 458 SOCOM..

and if I ever get a wild hair.. it could work on the 375 H&H as well.. :)

Last edited:
Just returned from a 10-day buffalo hunt in Mozambique. I hunted with my .375 H&H Model 70 suppressed. I used a Silencer Co Hybrid 46. Worked great and I would recommend anyone looking for a large-caliber suppressor to take a look at it. MSRP is $939, and I think they offer 15% off on the website for signing up for an email list.
Just trying to share info for future users doing research like I was last year.
Chase
IMG_4472.JPG

A buddy of mine has a hybrid 46 that he’s been super happy with..

I talked to thunderbeast a couple weeks ago.
They said they're aware of and willing to make a production run for 375 Caliber and that the more requests they receive the higher the priority to do a production run.
I.e, Philip's request is on their radar.

Apparently they are willing to make limited production batches for sufficient interest.

I'm not super thunderbeast fan boy level loyal. for 375, I'm also not hung up on long range accuracy concerns.

Would love to hear more about experience with the hybrid 46.

Just returned from a 10-day buffalo hunt in Mozambique. I hunted with my .375 H&H Model 70 suppressed. I used a Silencer Co Hybrid 46. Worked great and I would recommend anyone looking for a large-caliber suppressor to take a look at it. MSRP is $939, and I think they offer 15% off on the website for signing up for an email list.
Just trying to share info for future users doing research like I was last year.
Chase
View attachment 568134

What barrel length did you trim to?

I was hoping that they would have a different line for their 375CT type of cartridges. The 50cal can is awesome, it's just $$$$$. With the way the components are going it might be good for me to slow down my course to shoot ELR comps.

Attachments

• Thunder Beast Arms Corporation [TBAC] | News.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
@Philip Glass just received an email from TBAC. They have the .375 can about ready for order. Looks like a lot of choices in can selections. Prices to be released after SHOT.
Thanks! I’ve been busy but just saw the email as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattie05G

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.