.375 bullet weight

Which powder and how many gr are you using for the 250gr CX? I'm thinking 79-82gr of H4350
My gun throws everything with 80-81 gr of H4350 , 375Ruger 23” barrel
though I might just use factory made for a while, components have been hard to get:(
IMG_0774.png
 
Last edited:
I use Speer 235 HC for light deer and BB loads with H4895. 260 grain Accubonds are a good compromise when shooting at further distances. 300 grain Partitions and A-Frames are the way to go if you just want to tailor one load for everything.
 
I only shoot 300 grain bullets in our .375’s. They simply work great on everything, period. I’ve never found a need to screw around with other weights.

But, I’m a simple person… I only shoot 400 grain bullets in my .416 and 500’s in .458 & 470 NE. Those weights, in those calibers, have been proven over time. I’ve never seen a reason to try to improve on what others have already proved are optimal weights for those calibers.
 
I used 270 gr A-Frames for bear when I lived in Alaska. I load 300 gr A-Frames for Africa. The one exception was a trip to Botswana where I used 350 gr Woodleigh softs and solids at 2,300 fps. That 350 Woodleigh solid out penetrates any other load/caliber I have seen.

I should add that if I were hunting elephant with my .375 again, which is unlikely, I would use Woodleigh 350 gr conventional solids at 2,300 fps. I was very impressed with this load on the one Botswana bull I took with it.
 
Hi all,

I've just bought myself a Sako 75 in .375H&H. Barrel twist is 1-12. I'm just wondering what bullet weights you've all experienced in the cartridge and how you got on with them? I'm looking to do a light reduced load for deer, maybe using 200gr bullets intended for .375 Winchester, and also a heavyweight to get the recoil up as much as I can (easier and cheaper than putting lots of rounds down my .416 Rigby). I'm not sure what I can get away with at the high end? I've seen 350's in a hunting configuration - do they work out of most standard factory barrels?

I had a .375H&H years ago but didn't do anything with bullets outside of the 270-300gr range, so your thoughts would be much appreciated please.
My UK deer load uses the 250grain TTSX. I just need to get out and try it on deer but it does shoot well and I have complete confidence that it will work as expected.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,338
Members
169,339
Latest member
MartinaHew
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top