35 Whelen

I had trouble with those bullets sticking in my seating die, neck tension wasn't enough to overcome the bullets sticking in die. Got frustrated and gave up. How's your accuracy ?
 
I had trouble with those bullets sticking in my seating die, neck tension wasn't enough to overcome the bullets sticking in die. Got frustrated and gave up. How's your accuracy ?
I just loaded a few and got a velocity reading. I'm sure they'll be plenty accurate, I've shot the 220 Hammer and it shot half minute angle in my rifle
I bet those kill like lightning strikes
I'd bet the farm on it.
 
35 Whelen, Norma cases, Federal 215 primer, 67 grains of Power Pro Varmint, Hammer HHT 215 grain tipped, shot from 1885 Highwall, 28" barrel

3037.5 FPS
Yep! With the same bullet, RP Brass, 60gr of 8208 XBR I get 2950 fps with a 25in 1/12 barrel. But my favorite 35 Whelen load, 245gr Hammer Stone Hammer, 66.2 gr of Alliant 2000 MR at 2808 fps. If you have not tried Hammer bullets yet you need to.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,980
Members
169,087
Latest member
lustnocirro1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top