35 Whelen vs 9.3x62

Viral_SIGness

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in... what madness are you stirring up now @Bob Nelson 35Whelen?
We were discussing the atrocities of the .243 Wimpchester, and cerebral damaged folks that think it is a legitimate hunting round.

Forrest Halley

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
We were discussing the atrocities of the .243 Wimpchester, and cerebral damaged folks that think it is a legitimate hunting round.
@Skinnersblade has other problems. At last I recalled he was trying to reload .45-70 with Hornady Leverevolution brass.

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
@Skinnersblade has other problems. At last I recalled he was trying to reload .45-70 with Hornady Leverevolution brass.

I’m currently out of bullets to load , an I can’t seem to source a .458 mold anywhere. I will say though the shorter cases don’t seem to effect accuracy. Three at a hundred from my Henry single shot. The flyer was likely me ive got a muscle tear in my shooting shoulder and have become recoil sensitive of late. 300 grain Hornady hollow point on top of a 3.4cc charge of Imr4198

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in... what madness are you stirring up now @Bob Nelson 35Whelen?
@Skinnersblade
Nothing mate just welcoming another person to the mad person, shit stirring group. He is fortunate he doesn't lite the hottibke little cartridge
Bob
Ah I see another .243 discussion, out of curiosity has he called them tomato stakes yet? That’s generally where this ends up.
@Skinnersblade
Nah mate reckons they're only good for shooting mice in hand pappys barn
Bob

Viral_SIGness

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I’m currently out of bullets to load , an I can’t seem to source a .458 mold anywhere. I will say though the shorter cases don’t seem to effect accuracy. Three at a hundred from my Henry single shot. The flyer was likely me ive got a muscle tear in my shooting shoulder and have become recoil sensitive of late. 300 grain Hornady hollow point on top of a 3.4cc charge of Imr4198
I can ship bullets to Canada I believe. I can even disguise them. What kind of .458 bullets do you want?

Last edited by a moderator:

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Well I give up on attempting to post an image... anyone else having problems?
You should not be experiencing any difficulties posting an image, you can just drag and drop any file directly into the post and it will upload automatically. Here is the list of file extensions that are allowed to be uploaded directly onto a thread/post: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif. Let me know if you need further assistance. Jerome

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
3B2DAC03-5CAF-419E-8963-4C537D934756.jpeg

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
You should not be experiencing any difficulties posting an image, you can just drag and drop any file directly into the post and it will upload automatically. Here is the list of file extensions that are allowed to be uploaded directly onto a thread/post: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif. Let me know if you need further assistance. Jerome
@africa Hunting. Com
Jerome don't you go teaching young @Skinnersblade how to post photos mate. It could get very interesting If'n he hit the wrong button and uploaded nudes instead of hunting pics.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media

crs

AH elite
Reaction score
Website
sheltontechnologies.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
Having waded through much of the preceding posts, I am further convinced that all my DG hunting will continue to be done with my rifles whose caliber begins with a numeric four preceded by a decimal point . .405, .458 and such.
Yesterday I finished loading more test rounds for my .458 DR and am eager to see the performance of the North Fork 350 grain SS at velocities above 2000 fps.
I therefore retire from the field of discussing smaller diameter bullets. G' Day

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Nothing ventured nothing gained. The 9.3x62 was killing dangerous game for 40 years until a little dust up called WWII disrupted ammunition supplies. I don't believe they started armor plating the critters after the war.
@MS 9x56
According to some gun writers they did. With the new wizz bang cartridges the old ones didn't work any more according to the writers.
What the old 06 killed with ease now needed one of these new fangled 30 cal magnums and unfortunately a lot of people fell for it.
Dad hunts whitetail with his big 300 remchester mag because he is a man but buys his teenage daughter/son a 257 Roberts to do the same job. Why is it daughter can kill her deer with a so called inadequate cartridge But daddy needs the big 300 to do the same job.
Bob

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Nothing ventured nothing gained. The 9.3x62 was killing dangerous game for 40 years until a little dust up called WWII disrupted ammunition supplies. I don't believe they started armor plating the critters after the war.
No, but apparently over the millenia, game animals in Africa developed a membrane under their skin similar to an aramid fiber. This requires high tech (expensive) bullets to be able to penetrate the membrane and into their vitals. Neither the 9.3x62 or .35 Whelen have available bullets that meet that criteria? Sorry for the bad news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mynewdf4

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use robsheri@charter.net friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?