338 win mag drunk impulse purchase

I have always thought the serated blade felt like a distraction right as the gun was about to go off. I'm one who believes you should know exactly when the trigger breaks as opposed to be surprised. If I dont like it, ill buy a rifle basix or timney.

The magazine on the accutrigger stocks are such an improvement over the ones that come with the cheap stocks.

I am a huge fan of Savage rifles with medium contour barrels. My 6.5 Man Bun frequently shoots dime-sized groups off sandbags (at 100 yards) using Hornady Custom Match. I also have a 308 that is no slouch either. New production Savage rifles out of the box can give gunsmith builds a decent run for the money with proper optics and ammunition. They won't win any beauty contests, but they are shooters.

Not the best looking guns but their new Ultralight models aren't too bad.

I have an old precision carbine in 308 and I have nothing but confidence when I shoot it. Savage makes great production rifles IMO

I knew the Whelen would get a mention, @Curtism perhaps you should have bought a Whelen
@CBH
I mentioned that the savage doesn't make a bad rifle. The action isn't pretty but they are easy to work with and have pretty good stock.

I actually have no issues with Savage rifles. For the price point, they are well built and accurate. The 110s are/were one of the most accurate, inexpensive bolt actions ever made. I have had two Savage .22s for years and a couple of years ago I bought my daughter in law a Savage Axis “Muddy Girl” edition in one of BobNelson35Whelen’s favorite calibers, the .243 Winchester. Very smooth action and accurate. My point in the post was for what Curtism1234 paid for the rifle, he could have a .375 wildcat for the price of a new barrel and his Savage would be a one off rifle and still way below the cost of a new .375 rifle. Probably not what most people would do, but it would be fun to try it and not be out a lot of money.
@CoElkHunter
Mate i ts a toss up which I don't like more the 243 or the crudmore PM me the daughter in-laws adress so I can send her a sympathy card for owning a 243 and having a father in law that's mean enough to buy her one.
If'n @curtism1234 doesn't like the 338 he can always get a barrel for a 416 Taylor. Even better than the little 375.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
Mate i ts a toss up which I don't like more the 243 or the crudmore PM me the daughter in-laws adress so I can send her a sympathy card for owning a 243 and having a father in law that's mean enough to buy her one.
If'n @curtism1234 doesn't like the 338 he can always get a barrel for a 416 Taylor. Even better than the little 375.
Bob
Ha! Ha! Hey, I found the .243 NIB for $200 with a Bushnell scope attached, and I didn’t have to use any gift cards. I was going to suggest the Taylor to Curtism1234, but in the lighter Savage he might detach a retina when shooting it and I didn’t want to be responsible for that.

Ha! Ha! Hey, I found the .243 NIB for $200 with a Bushnell scope attached, and I didn’t have to use any gift cards. I was going to suggest the Taylor to Curtism1234, but in the lighter Savage he might detach a retina when shooting it and I didn’t want to be responsible for that.
If a 3 1/2" 12ga doesn't detach a retina, nothing will.

@CoElkHunter
NIB is a private health insurance company out here. If'n some one gave me a 243 they would need the health insurance or good running shoes. For the money you saved buy the poor girl a 7/08 0r308 prefit barrel.
@bruce moulds , I don't want every one to own a Savage it would take the cool factor away from the knowledgeable people that already own one.. Luckily I'm like a savage rifle ugly but understated class and ingenuity all rolled into a package of outstanding genius.
Bob

Well, well. Looks like Bob does recognize class, ingenuity, outstanding genius. Wanna bet he comes up with a 35 Whelen in Savage pretty soon?

@CBH
I mentioned that the savage doesn't make a bad rifle. The action isn't pretty but they are easy to work with and have pretty good stock.
Nope, you spoiled it by posting your other Whelen, it is pretty, and it’s a 35,

That .338 that Curtism bought might be a good bear gun,

Well, well. Looks like Bob does recognize class, ingenuity, outstanding genius. Wanna bet he comes up with a 35 Whelen in Savage pretty soon?
@Newboomer
Your wish is my command
20200201_135545.jpg

My savage 110 35 Whelen as you wish newboomer.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross