308 ammo

Dawg2019

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 1, 2019
Messages
115
Reaction score
310
Location
Georgia
Media
36
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I was wondering what factory loads members have been getting the best precision results from? Not exactly looking for a hunting load, just an accurate range ammo for long range shooting.
 
+1, plus whichever ammo shoots best out of your rifle. :)
 

This shoots extremely well in a couple of my rifles. I have a Tikka T3 that this shoots this ammo well under MOA and under normal times is it fairly cheap.
 
Federal 168 gr gold medal match

+1

if all you are looking for is precision... this has consistently been the best ammo I have found.. Lake City match (military) is also consistently excellent..

I used FGMM for several years as a sniper round when I was so employed... it was also the only round I took to a variety of training courses (FBI Sniper, US Army SRT Sniper, POST Precision Rifle, etc..etc..)..

If you're looking for a precision "hunting" round.. Barnes Vor-TX is about as good as it gets (for my rifles)..
 
+1

if all you are looking for is precision... this has consistently been the best ammo I have found.. Lake City match (military) is also consistently excellent..

I used FGMM for several years as a sniper round when I was so employed... it was also the only round I took to a variety of training courses (FBI Sniper, US Army SRT Sniper, POST Precision Rifle, etc..etc..)..

If you're looking for a precision "hunting" round.. Barnes Vor-TX is about as good as it gets (for my rifles)..
Same same.
 
Great advise. I will have to pick some up and try with my new setup.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,762
Members
169,615
Latest member
EnidBennel
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top