275 Rigby project

Apologies for the thread revival, do you mind if I ask who was the smith that modified the front sight for you, and what model was the sight that was modified?

Beautiful rifle, I am very jealous.

Thanks.

Rolf Bachnick in Vic did the metal work, including the front sight mod. It was Rechnagel part number 12000-0010, from Graham Spraggon.
 
Thanks.

Rolf Bachnick in Vic did the metal work, including the front sight mod. It was Rechnagel part number 12000-0010, from Graham Spraggon.
Perfect, thank you.

I am on the hunt for someone to make me a Westley Richards style front sight, but finding someone with the inclination and ability has not been an easy task. I have been half tempted to expand my search overseas and then import the part.
 
No worries.

Something like this?

Screen Shot 2026-10-04 at 10.41.41 pm.png


I'd think you'd get close starting with a Rechnagel part. Sadly they have recently reduced their offerings of some of their traditional parts. But I reckon they will still have something suitable.

Keen to hear more about your project.
 
No worries.

Something like this?

View attachment 797096

I'd think you'd get close starting with a Rechnagel part. Sadly they have recently reduced their offerings of some of their traditional parts. But I reckon they will still have something suitable.

Keen to hear more about your project.
Exactly like that, I don't think I have a sane amount of photos of WR front sights saved in my build inspiration folder. It's been an interesting journey from idea to minor obsession.

Step 1 is to locate a smith willing and able to do the work. (Unfortunately, two of the previous attempts have either had a forced retirement or other issues preventing the work.)

Step 2 is to find some willing volunteers to measure the dimensions of their WR sights as a basis for the smith.

Step 3 is to put it all together (modify 1909 Argentine bottom metal to allow a longer OAL, Chapman safety, Talley signature bases, Parker Hale 1200 98 action, Lothar Walther 9.3x62 pre chamber).

I'm hoping Graeme might still have some old stock on hand. I've been meaning to call him and order some other parts for months, but I keep getting distracted.
 
Exactly like that, I don't think I have a sane amount of photos of WR front sights saved in my build inspiration folder. It's been an interesting journey from idea to minor obsession.

Step 1 is to locate a smith willing and able to do the work. (Unfortunately, two of the previous attempts have either had a forced retirement or other issues preventing the work.)

Step 2 is to find some willing volunteers to measure the dimensions of their WR sights as a basis for the smith.

Step 3 is to put it all together (modify 1909 Argentine bottom metal to allow a longer OAL, Chapman safety, Talley signature bases, Parker Hale 1200 98 action, Lothar Walther 9.3x62 pre chamber).

I'm hoping Graeme might still have some old stock on hand. I've been meaning to call him and order some other parts for months, but I keep getting distracted.

Sounds great. I used a PH Safari Deluxe, repoduction Argentine '09 bottom and Talleys on the .318.

Graeme is still going, and still ordering Rechnagel and LW. I spoke to him last week. I think he said he may have an '09 action available.

You're no doubt aware that Tom at T-Bone also brings in LW barrels.

If you can cope with a long distance relationship, there are a few smiths in Vic that would be worth chatting to.
 
I can't be of help with the technical side other than to wish you good luck.

But I am currently having a 275 Rigby built myself, mind you I wasn't aiming to replicate Corbett's exact rifle (though now I'm wishing i had!). Mine is being built on a cz550 action. It's been in the works for couple months now, should have it by the end of September!

Like you I'm a big fan of corbett, my concern is next I'll want his 450/400 double!

All the best mate,

Jp
I'm with you. I saw math-like symbols and blacked out for a few minutes. All I know, is that is one of the prettiest actions that I have ever seen. GL!
 
Sounds great. I used a PH Safari Deluxe, repoduction Argentine '09 bottom and Talleys on the .318.

Graeme is still going, and still ordering Rechnagel and LW. I spoke to him last week. I think he said he may have an '09 action available.

You're no doubt aware that Tom at T-Bone also brings in LW barrels.

If you can cope with a long distance relationship, there are a few smiths in Vic that would be worth chatting to.
Very nice, this was going to be a .318 WR barrel, but I was offered a new 9.3x62 barrel at a bargain price, and with the situation up here, I can't justify a .318 in my 10 gun limit. As much as the heart wants one. The best i can do is get the look and style right.

I can handle long distance, all the remaining NSW smiths just wanted to do boltnon, bolt off work, so I figured distance was the only solution. Plus it gives me an excuse to drive south and hit some vic public land at the same time.

Who else in Vic would you recommend reaching out to? I was thinking about chasing up Jim Kent in QLD as well.
 
I've used a few in Vic that have been good.

Rodd Flower
Rolf Bachnick
Bob De Vries at Kudu Services

Happy to have a chat - I'll PM you my number.

Swans in Brisbane are another option - they're busy, not sure on current wait times. The did the .333 Jeffery, amongst others.

TSE in Brisbane did good work and were pretty quick on the occasions I've used them.

Tom at T-Bone in Sydney supplied and fitted a barrel for a neighbour last month, the whole process, include post via dealer each way took just 2 weeks!

A few options.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,518
Members
169,753
Latest member
ShielaErsk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top