.270 Winchester Illegal?

The 270 was not included because it is no good :)

Is most hunting in that state only shotguns?

That does seem strange, you're allowed at 300 Weatherby Magnum but not of 270 Winchester?

So a 308 is good but a 338 federal is illegal?. LMFAO

I kinda wonder, where was the NRA when this happend ?

Maybe Obama selected the calibers

Actually, Trump's running mate and Governor of Indiana Mike Pence signed the legislation.

Jack O'Connor must be rolling over in his grave!

OK you guys I own a farm in Indiana and here is some of the story as I know it. 1st last year on the table was a proposal to make all 243 and bigger legal it went thru public comment etc and DNR said ok all good we will legalize rifles then they got some back door political pressure I think from the anti's and they vetoed it at the last minute just before the new regs went out in august. A pro gun state senators then came up with this weird law of only 243 and 308 caliber bullets tacked it onto another bill and passed it behind DNR's back and choked rifles down the DNR's throat this spring and forced dnr to allow rifles. as the law is written it is ONLY ON PRIVATE LAND and only for 3 years as a test. So hurray for the state senator my 300 win and 300wby mags are gonna smoke some deer big time!!!(y) KInda scary though as the red neck boys in indy aren't used to rifles and think if they see it they can just blaze away like they already do with shotguns I think a few people may be hurt before its through! The bigger issue now is TB has been found in the deer in indy.

TB Uh Oh. Several states are having trouble with disease in deer herds. Haven't seen for myself, but have been told LA has regs regarding import of even unprocessed meat and trophies because of some disease.

That sounds about right (the way the bill was snuck through). Hopefully for the hunters in Indiana this will be a successful test that will open the door for other calibers in the future.

That sounds about right (the way the bill was snuck through). Hopefully for the hunters in Indiana this will be a successful test that will open the door for other calibers in the future.

Amazing. So according to the state, it was OK to kill deer with shotguns, but not ok to kill them with rifles?

But thanks for the explanation. As bizarre as politics is these days, it actually kind of makes sense, and we should take it a win for hunters!

Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind.

Hank, you think thats bizzare politics for the past couple of years they had a silly convoluted rule allowing certain low powered rifles if the case was a certain lenght the bullet was a certain size, etc, etc hell i was waiting for the game warden to come measure my D_CK to see if it was too long! Then out the other side of the DNR mouth they want us to slaughter the deer unmercifully because they found one with TB so I can kill 9 does and 2 bucks per immediated family member on my land thats like 40 deer and possibly get a cull permit to shoot more!

State game departments around the country are in full tilt boogie micromanagement mode. That's in addition to their ever changing byzantine regulatory schemes. Here in Pennsy, you need a Philly lawyer to accompany you afield. It's either that or violate the 10,000 rules only a barrister could understand. At the rate they're going, and the negative hunter replacement numbers, hunting in the U.S. has about twenty five more years to go before it's squashed completely. It's just plain sad.

Hank, you think thats bizzare politics for the past couple of years they had a silly convoluted rule allowing certain low powered rifles if the case was a certain lenght the bullet was a certain size, etc, etc hell i was waiting for the game warden to come measure my D_CK to see if it was too long! Then out the other side of the DNR mouth they want us to slaughter the deer unmercifully because they found one with TB so I can kill 9 does and 2 bucks per immediated family member on my land thats like 40 deer and possibly get a cull permit to shoot more!
Buckdog, glad to see that it's "too long" you're worried about. Not long enough might be a real problem!

And I thought you only had brain dead politicians in sunny South Africa!

And I thought you only had brain dead politicians in sunny South Africa!

The only qualification for politicians in the U.S. is a Bachelor's degree in Bovine Fecal Matter Delivery. If you're real good and go on to get your PhD ( attained through special interest campaign financing), you'll have a better than average chance of being re-elected.

The only qualification for politicians in the U.S. is a Bachelor's degree in Bovine Fecal Matter Delivery. If you're real good and go on to get your PhD ( attained through special interest campaign financing), you'll have a better than average chance of being re-elected.
Working in the research field (chemistry) for 30 years taught me

PHD stands for

Push Here Dummy
Piled High and Dry
Post Hole Digger

and my personal favorite Permanent Head Damage

The induction to a US political office is always topped off with the ceremonial clamping of the carotid arteries. This puts the candidate into the widely accepted frame of mind for a political career.

This is not a logical decision. Sounds like politics at its worst...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg