.22 RIMFIRE CLEANING..??

DOC-404

AH elite
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
379
Media
57
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hey guy's, what is the general consensus regarding the cleaning of .22 rimfire barrels..?
 
Well I clean mine, but you have to be damn careful. It is one of the worst to clean.
 
All rifles have to be cleaned, including a .22 rimfire. They will foul up faster than centrefires. You will also get a fair bit of leading depending on the bullets you shoot.

That said, I don't clean mine near enough.
 
You are right there is quite a lot of powder and lead residue.
 
Straight walled cases are the worse for letting gas and carbon escape back into the action, I clean mine after I shoot them, If I was camping or safari, probably a good thorough cleaning after the trip.
I am a gunsmith and most 22 problems can be attributed to lack of good detail cleaning.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,033
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top