35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
Curious as to what barrel brand you used for the customs. A good one is usually done within 20 rounds.
Bartlein. They get more accurate as they age. Lol

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Douglas replacement barrels-I had major issues with bent or curved barrels on nib Remington rifles. I’m also of the mindset to buy “tried and true” or be prepared to do significant upgrading/smithing to find happiness. I cannot afford a true custom rifle at this point in my life. . .

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Currently fighting with beretta on a broken shotgun stock and am done with them. Won’t buy another beretta long gun

One Day...

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.huntershillsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
Europe, America, Canada, Africa
I have had two rifles both NIB shoot far left.

Well..... what is surprising about that?
Aren't they just reflecting the current trend in the nation?
:ROFLMAO: :E Rofl: :A Gathering:

dougfinn

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I’ve had to send back two new Marlins (Remlins) for replacement, and one of those had to be sent back as well. From what I’ve heard, Marlin was a good company till they were bought by an investment group. The best built production guns I have owned were all Japanese, (Browning, Weatherby Vanguard). My go-to big game hunting rifle is a Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion In 7mm mag. Free floated barrel, glass bedded stock and an air gauged hand lapped barrel finished with a beautiful walnut stock. For what these rifle come with from the factory along with impeccable fit and finish, proves that production rifles can be very well made, although this model is a bit on the pricey side for a factory rifle, but a bargain compared to a custom build of equal quality. Oh and did I mention it’s a tack driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AudreyWhat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh