1st South Africa hunt

newguy

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci
I have purchased a hunt for me and my wife for 2010 and i'm wondering what time of the year I should go. I will be hunting plains game and will be trying to avoid the World Cup June 10 - July 10...

Bow or rifle?

I always love late August and early September.

buckcurtin

First trip was in late May early June, second trip first week in August, this year second week in August. No problem with either dates. Does get cold in parts of South Africa, might effect your decision depending on where you are hunting. Have a great time!

I'd go in May in the dark phase of the moon and enjoy the rut!

Hunting with a rifle it does not really matter.

With a bow I would suggest late August but also keep the moon in mind.

All the best,

I will be hunting with a rifle.

...Due to my job the 2 times I went hunting in Africa were March. Yes it's hotter than Hades but I love it warm!! If I could go any time of the year It would probably be May. I would love to catch the rut & it probably would still be great weather!!!

I have been looking at the moon phases and have narrowed it down to the middle of May or the first 2 weeks of August. I'm not sure if one is better than the other.

For a first timer come in the rut it is just magic. For the second hunt and with more expereince come in August to target your trophies that you have have passed up or missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross