You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser
I'm just a guy making my way the only way I know how...
- Country of residence
- Orange County
- State/Province of residence
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?
- Web search
- About You
- BBQ, Hunting, Motorcycles, Hounds and most of all, My Honey!
- I am a
- Member of
- NRA, SCI, HFMA, and a Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
- Have you hunted in Africa?
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa
- My favorite African country
- I'm leaning towards Zambia...but I've only been to SA!
- South Africa, Texas, Alaska - hey, they count. Trust me!
- Species I have hunted in Africa
- East Cape Kudu (greater), Blue Wildebeast, Hartebeast, Gemsbok, Steenbok, Duiker, Warthog, Blesbok, Eland, Sable, Gemsbok, Klipspringer, Vaal, Mountain Reedbuck and Bushbuck
- My best African Trophy
- 10.5" Vaal!
- My favorite African trophies
- Blesbok - oh the runaround and chase! Two and a half hours of running in circles... good times!
- My preferred weapon(s)
- Pre-64 M70 in 300 H&H.
Montana 1999 in .375 H&H
Merkel K1 in 7mm RemMag (Stalking)
Remington M7 AWR in 7mm SAUM (when the weather turns to crap)
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?
- My preferred optic(s)
- Leica. No question, Leica.
- Healthcare SaaS Sales
- Gear I cannot live without
- Superfeet insoles. Best investment in my shoes I've ever made.
- My best hunting tip
- Kodiak Island - Sitka Blacktail. In early December. The first tent collapsed under snow and ice...I had a freshly mended broken arm and my guide tried to cut his finger off. Good Times!
- My other interests
- Iron Butt motorcycling, track days, legendary trips called "We're not Smart" - part one, two and three...
- Robert N.
There's no such thing as "too much practice".