Buffalo/Sable Hunt Recommendations

ALHunter98

Reaction score
Hunted
RSA
I have hunted in South Africa recently, and am wanting to start planning a return trip to Africa. South Africa was great for a first trip, but I am interested in travelling to a more "Old Africa" country and safari outfit for Cape Buffalo and Trophy Quality Sable, as well as whatever opportunity presents itself. What country and safari outfit do y'all recommend looking into.

Hi,

If you are looking for « old africa » we can organize for you a western buffalo + roan hunt in Cameroon. It is not exactly what you are looking for in term of animals but you will get the “old africa” hunting. Do not hesitate to contact me if you want more info !

Best regards,

Romain

I did a buffalo/sable hunt with charlton McCallum safaris in Zimbabwe. Zambezi valley is as real Africa as you’ll find. The buffalo is nearly a guarantee. The sable you might need to work for, but price is very reasonable for combo and it’s a real tracking hunt.
I’d really like to hunt the bwabwata park concession in Caprivi Namibia. I hunted the community areas previously. Take a look at Jamy Traut Safaris or Kou Kuas to see if that pricing is in your budget.
I’d also really like to see the Zambezi delta in Mozambique, but it’s a swamp buffalo hunt and sable don’t have the trophy genetics of other areas, but apparently lots of both and as old Africa as you’ll find today. I haven’t hunted here but I’d look into mashambanzou safaris or zambeze delta safaris if I was going to.

Hi,

If you are looking for « old africa » we can organize for you a western buffalo + roan hunt in Cameroon. It is not exactly what you are looking for in term of animals but you will get the “old africa” hunting. Do not hesitate to contact me if you want more info !

Best regards,

Romain
You should consider this. Unique and special offer.

Ive been impressed with the value I’ve seen offered from west Africa Savanah “deals”

Good Day Sir

Tsala Safaris would like you to consider our areas in Mozambique and Zimbabwe.

Both are big areas , free range hunting , Old Africa, no villages or goat herds or anything similar.Proper wild Africa ,old school buffalo hunting with excellent plains game available.

I will send you Pm with more detail.

Regards

Rouan

I have hunted in South Africa recently, and am wanting to start planning a return trip to Africa. South Africa was great for a first trip, but I am interested in travelling to a more "Old Africa" country and safari outfit for Cape Buffalo and Trophy Quality Sable, as well as whatever opportunity presents itself. What country and safari outfit do y'all recommend looking into.
hi what do you mean by old africa? (I'm only 21, been blessed to have grown up hunting with my dad but still not sure what you mean by old africa) :)
look forward to your reply

Depending on what you are calling "Old Africa". Zimbabwe is a great destination. Almost all Zimbabwe Safari Companies, including our company Tokoloshe Safaris offer free ranging buffalo and sable.

hay ernest, trust you are well

was tanzania created before any other part of africa
LOL, LOL, LOL. As I am sure you know, its about the only Country with areas that remained like it was Long ago.

I was in your exact situation for many years! Then I finally realized a safari in Niassa, Mozambique, for Leopard, Buffalo, and plains game last August, and can highly recommend that area! Comparing that experience to hunting South Africa is a bit like comparing hunts in Alaska (where I live) versus Wisconsin (where I grew up). It's just at a whole other level. I took advantage of the opportunities to add the Roosevelt sable and Niassa wildebeest to my trophy list, since these are subspecies not available in S.A. "Mozambique Wild Adventures" is the concession holder.

Good day ALHunter98
If you you looking for big sable and old Buffalo then you should look at the Matetsi areas of Zimbabwe. You can add a day or two at Victoria falls as most hunting areas are 2 - 3 hours from town:
Classic African Safaris / Guav and Courtney Johnson would be my advice.

You should look into Zambia, the western kafue blocks have been producing some spectacular sable and there are decent buff herds there too.
A 50" sable was taken last year. Pretty impressive for wild free range sable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTup

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.