Adventure Wanted

ar15meister

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I am not booked to hunt anywhere in 2023.

Interested in an adventure. No fences.

Buffalo, Bongo, some sort of plains game, maybe a leopard.....something wild and exotic in a wild exotic place. Not only thinking Africa.

No elephant, rhino, lion or fenced hunts......Just not interested at this time.

if anyone knows of a good deal or a good hunt opening let me know.

Buffalo, Bongo, some sort of plains game, maybe a leopard.....something wild and exotic in a wild exotic place. Not only thinking Africa.

It is actually no problem to book such a adventure hunt in Africa.

Some areas of Tanzania or CAR, among others, are perfect for such hunts. In the end it is just the price that can be an obstacle for booking. Unfortunately such hunts are not cheap.

Outside of Africa, Africa-like game species can hardly be hunted in the wild. In south and southeast Asia there is no more hunting like we know it in Africa. Otherwise there are plenty of opportunities to hunt under adventure conditions worldwide. But you have to search, something like that rarely comes by itself.

Initially, decades ago, I also only tried to hunt under such adventure conditions, and Grönland and the NWT/ Canada were ideal for that. Later came to it Siberia and the east of Russia, as well as Central Asia, countries where at that time not only hunting was made under adventurous conditions. There were neither forums nor internet back then, one had to search, but one found it.

Good Day Sir

Tsala Safari’s would be able to help you later in the year in Mozambique for buffalo.Wild unfenced area.Add a hyena or some plains game.

Regards

Rouan

Hello Sir,

We are offering some good adventures in our concession in Central African Republic for Bongo, Giant forest hog, Central Savanna Buffalo, yellow back and many more.
Also a great opportunity to go fishing.

Here probably the ultimate adventures.

Best regards

Hello Sir,

We are offering some good adventures in our concession in Central African Republic for Bongo, Giant forest hog, Central Savanna Buffalo, yellow back and many more.

Best regards
Hello Sir,

Best regards
I am interested in bongo and maybe other species in 2024. I too am looking for adventure not the record book or a collector of species. With that said I must say as a neophyte Africa hunter I hear only the the C A R is too dangerous and I should not consider it. Craig Boddington and I visited at my hunting lodge last Saturday and although I could not recall your company name at the time Craig said that maybe I was calling the name of a PH he had hunted with years ago. Maybe it was your father he hunted with in C A R. Could you speak to the safety and and the area of the country yii oh I would be hunting bongo in?

I am interested in bongo and maybe other species in 2024. I too am looking for adventure not the record book or a collector of species. With that said I must say as a neophyte Africa hunter I hear only the the C A R is too dangerous and I should not consider it. Craig Boddington and I visited at my hunting lodge last Saturday and although I could not recall your company name at the time Craig said that maybe I was calling the name of a PH he had hunted with years ago. Maybe it was your father he hunted with in C A R. Could you speak to the safety and and the area of the country yii oh I would be hunting bongo in?
Well we have been hunting with our all this years with no trouble. Many people are telling so because we are pretty much the only outfitter left in the country. We are family organization my mother is coming regularly on the camp and everything so we don't have any trouble with safety. Craig hunted twice with my dad one time in C.A.R and one in Chad. Our concessions is in the far East of the country between African Park (Chinko Project) and the wildlife reserve of Zemongo.
Our concession is mosaic of biotope between some pure rain forest and savannah so you can found some species of forest like Bongo, Giant forest hog, yellow back duiker but also some species of Savannah like Sing-Sing Waterbuck, Central Savannah Buffalo, some Lord Derby.
The concession is very big more 2 millions acres with no local population inside it's a very remote region and most of the area never been hunted by any company before us.
We are hunting from January to Juin early season is dry and the rain start around mid April. Only January and Juin are still open for 2024.
We are also known for our very big bongo for body size and also trophy.

Best regards

Bongo typically equals Cameroon. They also have rare duikers that go along with those types of high-dollar hunts.

Buffalo and plains game in a no-fence country like Zim or others is doable in that $15k-ish pricepoint. Adding a leopard for another $8k is also doable in some areas that happen to have both dangerous game species.

The former is jungle hunting, the latter is jesse and arid bush hunting. Both adventures, very different.

You might consider researching Kaokoland in NW Namibia. It’s the most wild area I’ve had opportunity to hunt. Several million acres of very harsh arid ground. Probably as close to hunting 100 years ago as you will find. It’s north of veterinary fence and etosha is the eastern border. Hunt would be for leopard and plains game.

Good day Sir

Hope all is well. We can offer you a safari in Tanzania in the famous Selous Game Reserve or
in Cameroon.
We offer authentic free range safaris in both these areas.
Looking forward hearing from you.

Kind regards
Magdel Oosthuizen

Zambia would be a good option for you.

You'd need to look into some of the safari operators and see who has some last minute quota or cancellations.

Reactions: WAB
I second the advice of looking at zambia! I have a gentleman I consider a friend that I have been talking to for a couple of years who owns a concession in the North Luangwa Valley. His brother is the primary PH on the concession and I have kept up with all their hunts and what game was taken and so forth; for about three seasons now. I just got off the phone with him yesterday and the tails of elephant, lion, and leopard a client recently hunted with a bow on his concession had me on the edge of my seat! I won’t spoil the hunters story by sharing it hee foe two reasons, one I don’t have permission and two, maybe he is an AH member! We can only hope so and hope he posts a hunt report. Craig Boddington visited me last Saturday and when I picked his brain on a great hunt for myself to look forward to he exclaimed; Zambia! He had taken a hot there recently, and showed me some amazing pictures, including a giant crock that his son-in-law took at very close range range with a double rifle! Awesome! I already had zambia on my mind for a dream hunt before Craig mentioned it! As Craig said it’s wild Africa, he mentioned the species available there and to those that find it important he talked about the trophy potential of some of those species. It is top end for some species Craig said. Anyway, this concept of a clean-up hunt at the end of the season is defined as a situation here you hunt quota that was not taken by previously booked hunters as I understand it. That is a great idea to consider! Yes you would be going in sept or oct and I assume it would be very hot BUT you would most likely see the animals concentrated around water and all the dramatic interaction that happens when that occurs! I have not seen it myself but my imagination makes me think it would be awe inspiring! Dreams and imagination of what adventure we may find in africa correct? That’s what we are searching for! Good luck to both of us as we look for our next adventure!

Last edited:
Zambia would be a good option for you.

You'd need to look into some of the safari operators and see who has some last minute quota or cancellations.
who are the top operators in Zambia?

If money was not a primary concern, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest anything in the Zambezi valley. Finding lion or leopard prints next to your tent at night, an elephant coming by during dinner, and trying to fish around the hippos and crocs make it a heck of a great adventure. It's a lovely place for a hunting safari.

Reactions: WAB
Your age, budget and risk tolerance will play big roles in defining and choosing "an adventure". Lots of good ideas available on YT. Whatever you decide, hope you get a friend to go along and share it. Good luck..............FWB

Your age, budget and risk tolerance will play big roles in defining and choosing "an adventure". Lots of good ideas available on YT. Whatever you decide, hope you get a friend to go along and share it. Good luck..............FWB
39, healthy budget but not unlimited, no fear.
I am in talks on a couple trips right now. I have a dall Sheep/Grizzly booked for next August in Yukon.

Combined Himalayan Ibex hunt with a trek to K2 basecamp combined.
Mexico Desert Bighorn (this would stretch the budget but is required for my grand slam, which is my main hunting "goal"...if there is such a thing)
Another bighorn in Canada (still haven't killed one)
Another mountain goat in BC. been twice and killed one.

I did a Blue sheep in Nepal last October and then walked to Everest solo from Lukla. It was an awesome 3 week trip.
Been to Kyrgyzstan, Cape Buff in SA, Azerbaijan and hunted 5 times in the mountains of Canada for stone and bighorn sheep as well as mountain goats/caribou.

I would for sure go to Africa again. Somewhere really wild this time. Don't really care what I hunt just no elephants, rhino's or lions. Nothing against hunting them; just not interested at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.