Adventure Wanted

Zambia would be a good option for you.

You'd need to look into some of the safari operators and see who has some last minute quota or cancellations.
I tried to PM you but I cant for some reason.

If money was not a primary concern, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest anything in the Zambezi valley. Finding lion or leopard prints next to your tent at night, an elephant coming by during dinner, and trying to fish around the hippos and crocs make it a heck of a great adventure. It's a lovely place for a hunting safari.
Thanks for mentioning that. I have read about that location! I think I am getting very close to booking a bongo hunt in camaroon. The Congo option has not come thru for me and the C.A.R. Also seems to be a “no go”! I’ll keep all of you fellow AH buddies informed! Thanks for all the help!

@ar15meister The adventures you have taken, before the relatively tender age of 39, imply that risk aversion is not your problem. Kudos on that. Lots of options out there for you that will fit your time frame. Hope you can include hunting or fishing in there somewhere. I currently have two adventures planned for the year, and I know well the challenge of getting anyone to come along. Best of luck deciding.......FWB

Sorry, no idea why.
I will try pm you a bit later on. Hunting at the moment and signal is a bit iffy

Reactions: WAB
For adventure, I would suggest a DIY hunt, bipedal backpack somewhere remote. :)

39, healthy budget but not unlimited, no fear.
I am in talks on a couple trips right now. I have a dall Sheep/Grizzly booked for next August in Yukon.

Combined Himalayan Ibex hunt with a trek to K2 basecamp combined.
Mexico Desert Bighorn (this would stretch the budget but is required for my grand slam, which is my main hunting "goal"...if there is such a thing)
Another bighorn in Canada (still haven't killed one)
Another mountain goat in BC. been twice and killed one.

I did a Blue sheep in Nepal last October and then walked to Everest solo from Lukla. It was an awesome 3 week trip.
Been to Kyrgyzstan, Cape Buff in SA, Azerbaijan and hunted 5 times in the mountains of Canada for stone and bighorn sheep as well as mountain goats/caribou.

I would for sure go to Africa again. Somewhere really wild this time. Don't really care what I hunt just no elephants, rhino's or lions. Nothing against hunting them; just not interested at this time.
You're doing awesome so far. Keep going.
I've been to Everest base camp, climbed Kilimanjaro but would like to hunt blue sheep there,
Can you PM me contact info for Nepal hunt?

Two most adventuresome hunts I've had have been DIY. One fly out on a DIY spring bear Kodiak Island. 14 days in a tent with occasional bear by camp. Rain everyday. Nothing stays dry. Snowshow up into snow zone then glass. Then stalk though steep, alder choked slopes mixed with rotten snow banks. The other DIY true adventure was 155 river miles up the Nushagak from Dillingham to highlands above Big Bend of Nushagak for caribou. Fly out Super Cub on tundra tires- 10 days. Two straight days stuck in tent on nearly barren, exposed tundra ridge with rain and 70 mph+ winds that broke two tent poles. My nephew slept in water in downhill side of tent floor tub until weather calmed down to allow for tent drainage and pole repair. Dipped water out of moose track in bottom of steep gulley with no flowing water. Treated with iodine and vitamin C. Blazo stove to keep warm and cook. Have done many DIY fly out hunts. Those are the two most adventuresome. The pilot couldn't get to us on Kodiak for a couple of days past pick up date. Not an issue- had enough supplies. The Super Cub pick up on the caribou hunt was on time. In both cases if something happened...no cell contact and no sat phone and no walking out. :)

I suppose you can have a "sense of adventure" on guided/outfitted trips, but part of the cost is for safety and security of the paying customer. :) The closest to a true adventure story about a guided hunt I have ever heard was for polar bear in a native controlled area of Canada. Hunter actually was a guide himself. Nothing coordinated on schedule and no one on time, half broke down snow machines used to access hunt area, poor equipment, poor food, several crammed into a makeshift tin shack, too much booze amongst the "guides", flailing pistols around inside the shack after an altercation amongst them. Now that was an adventure lucky to survive but having nothing to do with surviving a polar bear :)

Back in town after my hunt, unfortunately I’m not permitted to help out or give any advice per the rules.
Sorry about that.
I hope you have some lucking finding what you are looking for.

39, healthy budget but not unlimited, no fear.
I am in talks on a couple trips right now. I have a dall Sheep/Grizzly booked for next August in Yukon.

Combined Himalayan Ibex hunt with a trek to K2 basecamp combined.
Mexico Desert Bighorn (this would stretch the budget but is required for my grand slam, which is my main hunting "goal"...if there is such a thing)
Another bighorn in Canada (still haven't killed one)
Another mountain goat in BC. been twice and killed one.

I did a Blue sheep in Nepal last October and then walked to Everest solo from Lukla. It was an awesome 3 week trip.
Been to Kyrgyzstan, Cape Buff in SA, Azerbaijan and hunted 5 times in the mountains of Canada for stone and bighorn sheep as well as mountain goats/caribou.

I would for sure go to Africa again. Somewhere really wild this time. Don't really care what I hunt just no elephants, rhino's or lions. Nothing against hunting them; just not interested at this time.

Who are you hunting the Yukon with?

Can you PM who did you your Blue Sheep hunt with? Kind of thinking I might want to try that.

Also do you know who you are doing your Himalayan Ibex hunt with?

Grand Slam is my main goal as well. followed by the Big 5 and I only need a leopard to pull that off, so thinking I want to get most of the Ibexes next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
41On

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.