ZIMBABWE: Zim In July 2022

cooper552

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Us
I will be heading for my 3rd trip to Africa at the end of July to hunt with Rosslyn Safaris. The main target is Sable. I have wanted one since my friend Bobby shot one at Tholo. I have been to Tholo in Botswana twice in April so a new country in a new season is going to be different which is what I wanted. It does feel a little like cheating though. Does any one have any experience with this outfit? Pointers for the time of year? Suggestions on what else to hunt? Bushbuck is high on the list. I wanted a Hyena and Honey Badger but have been informed they are off the list now. What are the must haves (trophies, souvenirs, ect) from this area.

Where will you be hunting?

Rosslyn safaris about an hour from Bulawayo. It is private property with about 30k+ acres

Reactions: WAB
Rosslyn has been running for as many years as I can remember, 30 +. You dont hang around for long unless you deliver a good service and Cawston Block should offer some good hunting. I always enjoy stalking bushbuck and they usually hang out by the rivers and it is always a beautiful walk/stalk with loads of birds. You can always take whatever comes along in addition to your sable- takes the pressure off your day and you can just enjoy hunting

That is pretty much my plan @Nhoro. I was confident in my choice of outfitters but it is always nice to hear from others who have been in the area.

Reactions: WAB
I go to Zimbabwe for DG, anything else is target of opportunity and quota. I will be there glamping for 10 days with the girlfriend on July 20 prior to my hunts. Weather should be great.

I hunted there last year with Lin Stanton. I had already taken a hippo in the Zambezi River with Lin. We then went to Rosslyn for plains game. I shot an eland after we tracked it over 7 kilometers. How Lin's tracker and the tracker from Rosslyn were able to follow those tracks in such thick bush I will never know. Although at least once they lost the tracks but Lin was able to get us back on the trail. Incredible. I shot a bushbuck from about 30 yards. The owner , a very well known PH, now retired, told us when they bought the property it was much more open. It has become very thick over the years and has a lot of animals on it. I believe he has the largest herd of privately held sable in Zim. We enjoyed our stay there very much and you will have a great time

@sammo glad to hear. I am really looking forward to get back over there. I was equally amazed at the trackers when hunting eland at Tholo. I had no idea what they were following but eventually there would be an eland or a commotion as it busted me and ran off.

I will be heading for my 3rd trip to Africa at the end of July to hunt with Rosslyn Safaris. The main target is Sable. I have wanted one since my friend Bobby shot one at Tholo. I have been to Tholo in Botswana twice in April so a new country in a new season is going to be different which is what I wanted. It does feel a little like cheating though. Does any one have any experience with this outfit? Pointers for the time of year? Suggestions on what else to hunt? Bushbuck is high on the list. I wanted a Hyena and Honey Badger but have been informed they are off the list now. What are the must haves (trophies, souvenirs, ect) from this area.
I am going after a bush buck in Zim in 23 as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg