Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
The sauge tree fruit can weight 20lbs if that comes down you have a problem....

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
Fortunately the trees were just starting to shed their flowers. Beautiful flowers too…no fruit yet.
EC877FAE-C885-49FB-8AB5-C003B9B9F458.jpeg

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Just now getting caught up on this report. Wow! Outstanding trophies. That kudu is a monster! Congrats to both of you.

Houston375HH

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, HSC
Hunted
Namibia, Argentina, United States (TX, NM, CO, FL)
Fantastic write-up on the experience. I'm heading to Dande North to hunt with CMS June 2023....I don't know how I'm going to make it that long!

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
Fantastic write-up on the experience. I'm heading to Dande North to hunt with CMS June 2023....I don't know how I'm going to make it that long!
You’ll have the time of your life. What are you planning to hunt?

Houston375HH

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, HSC
Hunted
You’ll have the time of your life. What are you planning to hunt?
Buff is the main quarry; second I’m fishing the Zambezi on the front end for a few days, targeting a tigerfish on the fly. After those two it’s all a bonus. 10 days hunting we should see a few good representative plains game. As of now planning to stay up at the Matombo camp on the river. Pretty excited to say the least, it’ll be my first DG safari. Been 10 years in the making!

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
Buff is the main quarry; second I’m fishing the Zambezi on the front end for a few days, targeting a tigerfish on the fly. After those two it’s all a bonus. 10 days hunting we should see a few good representative plains game. As of now planning to stay up at the Matombo camp on the river. Pretty excited to say the least, it’ll be my first DG safari. Been 10 years in the making!
You are going to love Dande! Buzz and Myles run a top notch outfit.

Tom Leoni

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
You are going to love Dande! Buzz and Myles run a top notch outfit.
Doug, can you tell us more about your rifle? And if you have some pics it would be great!

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
@Kevin Peacocke, could you please explain why is it brave to sleep under a sausage tree? :unsure:
As @IvW says @PARA45 the fruits are huge and bullet shaped, so have a high ballistic coefficient in the parlance of this site! Many years ago in the army i was brewing tea under a sausage tree, in one of those kidney shaped little pots atop a Gaz stove. Well down came a sausage and landed plumb in the pot, the force slammed the whole burner stalk down into the cylinder. Huge escape of gas, but miraculously it didn't ignite. I've had great respect for them ever since.

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
@Houston375HH you are destined for a magic experience. If they have a 0.22 in camp see if you can get a guineafowl too to complete the quintessential iconic African trilogy of fur, feather and scale. In one day that would earn you a Diamond McNab, but even in a week it is a blast.

Jeff505

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Big game hunters St. louis
Hunted
Canada, Namibia, Zambia,Zimbabwe this August
Alan shearing has his sons .22, it’s a guinea killing machine.

Houston375HH

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, HSC
Hunted
@Houston375HH you are destined for a magic experience. If they have a 0.22 in camp see if you can get a guineafowl too to complete the quintessential iconic African trilogy of fur, feather and scale. In one day that would earn you a Diamond McNab, but even in a week it is a blast.
Yes, I must certainly go for the highly coveted African trilogy of fur, feather and scale! I am taking the trusty 375H&H, but also just took ownership of my first double, a Chapuis 470NE, so the only thing that could make it even better is that we can get within double range for the buff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tieane

Latest profile posts

trstallone wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
I've Hunted So.Africa, love to try Romania
Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?