ZIMBABWE: May 2017 Hunt With Mbalabala Safaris

Thanks reedy0312 for a great report. As for the leopard, that is why they call it hunting. :). Just means you get a 2nd crack at him. The hippo was more disconcerting, and tough to read a bit. Bravo on providing the details, warts and all. Always hurts the confidence when you miss, and then you get some back when you find the gun to be off. Only to miss again. Gut wrenching.

Still, an awesome hunt, and great Kudu and Eland.

Reedy that is an excellent report and photos. Shame Mr Spots didn't come to the party. Re the Hippo, bad luck and that's all that was but it was still an experience and one you wont forget. You did manage to get some other trophies that are excellent. Your Kudu is outstanding.(y)

Snakes normally don't bother me, but where you are hours/days from the medical care you would need, I do like to keep a lot of country between me and them and 8 foot is a big snake.

Lin was my PH when I was in Zim after Ele and Buff, I would hunt with him any time. Going by the pic where Lin is holding the sticks they look like the same battered set he had when I was with him and he was a little slimmer then. Mind you, he was chasing a girl at the time.:)

I hunted in the North of the country and found a lot of it to be similar to outback Australia, fortunately I didn't run into any of those Orb weaver spiders. They and their webs give me the willys when I walk into them. This can be easily done in the thick bush or of a night. I hate spiders:Shamefullyembarrased:

I dare say this is one hunt you will never forget and you will be wanting to go back.

Thanks @Rule 303 !

It was a great trip I will never forget! And I certainly am already planning on how to get back!

Congrats for a great experience Charles, sorry about the leopard and the hippo, but you know these things happen to us hunters !

However you got and excellent eland and a close encounter with a mamba to spice things a bit :LOL:

Thanks for a very good report :D Cheers:

Congrats for a great experience Charles, sorry about the leopard and the hippo, but you know these things happen to us hunters !

However you got and excellent eland and a close encounter with a mamba to spice things a bit :LOL:

Thanks for a very good report :D Cheers:

Thanks @Nyati !

well you have taken two of my bucket list awesome eland

should have shot the mamba,although I don't know if any taxidermist would mount it our prerve it in any way how about that rockin g does anyone do serpents?

should have shot the mamba

Haha, I was more in run away like a little girl mode at that point! Seriously, we were trying to stay still waiting on the hippos, and if the mamba had continued in our direction for another second or two it was time to bolt :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,