ZIMBABWE: Leopard Hunting with Touch Africa

Steve

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
If anyone has hunted leopard with Touch Safaris in the Bubiana Conservancy or from the MJINGWE Camp I would love to hear about your experiences, views, opinions, etc. I have read that the hunting for leopard is excellent in or around the many rocky outcroppings and crags but want to find out general opinions about the hunting with this outfitter especially for leopard. Also on a basis of 1 - 5 with 5 being the hardest (physically) how would you rate your experience....

Steve

While i have not hunted leopard to this point other in camp have and it is very interesting to watch...my last safari we had 1 to 2 leopards in camp nightly....

What you will usually do is go after some bait animals and place the bait in locations where leopard scat or tracks are found...you usually look for a prime tree to hang the bait...and place or hang a bait animal and wait for the leopard to hit the bait...some times trail cameras are used to determine when the leopard is eating and it size and if it is male or female...

If the leopard is a large Male, Then usually they will build a blind or hide about 30 to 80 yards away from the bait and shooting lanes are open up to view and place the shot...and you will arrive in the blind prior to day light and sit in the morning and then return prior to sun set in the afternoons...a distance or bullet path reading for the distance it taken and then your rifle will be sighted to that distance...

Difficulty would be a 1 out of five...unless you determine the bait animals count then it would be a 2 or 3 depending on the country...

AH member "Lpart "was replying to sestoppelman's hunt "Zim hunt with Touch Africa", that hunted leopard with them. They didn't get a leopard but where going to go back and try again. Send them a email for their recommendation on Touch Safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg