ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Dumazulu Safaris?

Kelly G

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
2 x Zimbabwe, Botswana, East Cape RSA, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, California, British Columbia,
Hello AH,

Has anyone hunted with " DUMAZULU SAFARIS" in Zimbabwe?

Hey Kelly G. Did you happen to get any reports back on Dumazulu? I am looking at a hunt with them as well and would like to know if anyone here has hunted with them.
thanks

South African based in Hluhluwe KZN. Find out which outfit they use in Zim

Their elephant hunts are in the Gwayi Valley bordering Hwange National Park. Any thoughts on this area for elephant and buff? I will see what outfitter they use.
thanks

What elephant are you planning on hunting? Trophy bull, tuskless?
Personally I would not hunt there.

The hunt was for a non-trophy under 35lbs or Tuskless.
thanks for the feedback. Any particular reason you would not hunt the area? Feel free to pm me if you prefer.
really appreciate it.

The hunt was for a non-trophy under 35lbs or Tuskless.
thanks for the feedback. Any particular reason you would not hunt the area? Feel free to pm me if you prefer.
really appreciate it.
I too am looking into a hunt with Dumazulu. What have you found out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening all.
Has anyone recieved any feedback from Dumazulu, would like to book a plainsgame hunt with them this year. Thanks!

I received a quick response from Chris when I inquired about an elephant hunt but did not ask about plains game availability.

Thanks! Just wanted to get a feel if anyone has hunted with them and if so, what was it like.

I have an elephant, buff, giraffes hunt with them leaving July 22nd, 2021.

I have an elephant, buff, giraffes hunt with them leaving July 22nd, 2021.
Please let us know how your hunt went.
Always looking for a diamond in the rough.

Gwai area is known for a lot of dodgy hunting. There are a lot of good places in Zim,go book with a Zim operater. You have to by law anyway!

Any folluw ups on this hunts? Interested how the elephant hunting worked out.

Any folluw ups on this hunts? Interested how the elephant hunting worked out.
I just came back from there. In my intro to the forum I have posted my photos. Happy to share a full album and/or insights in detail with whom ever wants more info.
I would rate this safari with a 4 start out of 5. This means, I would recommend to book with Chris.
I got a superb kubu, decent old buffalo and average elphant,,, in only 6 days of hunting. it was mean to be a 7 day safari, but since I got my hunt done early, I went back to visit Vic.Falls.

My notes: Camp is ok but doesn't feel like a hunting camp. Decent amount of game. Great staff. Very professional. Good vehicles. Decent quality. Do not expect to shoot a bigger elephant than 40lb.
DM me for further details!

50c93645-74be-41a3-be51-75d957818b5a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg