ZIMBABWE: Cape Buffalo At Save River Valley---Almost

Thanks for sharing!! I wouldn't have shot either, you can always tell when there's a bit too much brush . Great story anyway!!

Thanks for the story and experience, next best thing to being there!

I also noticed this inner report:
"There is always something, and here too.
Elephants must have put another tree across the road and we couldn't get past it. There was only one way out.
And-no axe on board!
So we drove back 20 minutes in a hurry,loaded up the axe and crew and off we went.the tree was felled,we prayed that no other tree was lying on the forest tracks (or the strange native axe was broken )"

I have seen this over and over and become convinced elephants do it on purpose to block passage of vehicles. Others have reported same and many also think they do it on purpose. Go figure :)

Foxi, I believe you made the correct choice in not shooting into the brush at the Cape. You will always remember a poor or unethical shot with much more disappointment than staying true to your beliefs and not pulling the trigger. I enjoyed the story and wish you more luck on your next Safari.

HH

I was asked why I did not shoot the Kudu bull through the bush while facing away.
I told the PH I had not lost my mind and was certainly not shooting wounding an animal on purpose.
He was hunted perfectly and just like you he won. I'm happy with the decision to this day.

Congratulations on your hunt. Tough luck to be fighting rain. You can't win that one.
Thanks for finishing up.
Merry Christmas to you.

Thank you all very much for the encouragement and for liking the story.
Whoever shoots this buffalo will not make it easy with him.
But the reward is a great hunt with a fantastic trophy.
My PH Mathew, a great guy, also showed poise and grandeur, smiling afterwards and saying :
"we'll find you another buffalo".
But I myself hope for a rendezvous with him next year.
;)

Thanks for sharing your memories. Sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted on this trip. Hope you have a couple more days next hunt.

Froh Weihnachten!

Thank you for the report. Hope next time better luck in finding the king!

Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck next trip on your buffalo!

Great report my friend. And what a great experience to relive in the coming years. We all need to be haunted by a few good things. Passing on a very questionable shot at a magnificent bull is one of the best to take along with us.

It is also good to know that he is still there awaiting your return.

Thanks for the story and experience, next best thing to being there!

I also noticed this inner report:
"There is always something, and here too.
Elephants must have put another tree across the road and we couldn't get past it. There was only one way out.
And-no axe on board!
So we drove back 20 minutes in a hurry,loaded up the axe and crew and off we went.the tree was felled,we prayed that no other tree was lying on the forest tracks (or the strange native axe was broken )"

I have seen this over and over and become convinced elephants do it on purpose to block passage of vehicles. Others have reported same and many also think they do it on purpose. Go figure :)
1671983876673.png

I think so too.
Probably climate activists blocking the streets ;);).
They get on my nerves
Two and four-legged

Thanks for sharing Foxi. Save’ is on my list.
You didn’t get a buff but had a uniquse experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross