Zebra skin rug problems?

GaryO

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
7
Deals & offers
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA
Hunted
South Africa
I just recieved my rug and have found that the head/neck portion of the rug is VERY stiff. So much so that if I step on that area it hurts. Plus, it does not lay flat so I am constantly tripping over it. Question: is there anything I can do about these problems now that I have the rug home here in northern California? Thanks...
 
I just recieved my rug and have found that the head/neck portion of the rug is VERY stiff. So much so that if I step on that area it hurts. Plus, it does not lay flat so I am constantly tripping over it. Question: is there anything I can do about these problems now that I have the rug home here in northern California? Thanks...

I must say that Louis at Spiral Horn Safaris has stepped to the plate today with an offer to send me another zebra rug free of charge and to check with the tannery involved to see that something like this never happens again. Nice, huh? I am a happy man.....
 
Good on you.
Happy customer.
 
Way to go Louis your the Man!
 
Hi Gary

My apologies once again for this happening we greatly value you as a client and friend!

I will be following everything up later today but you will have a brand new skin by the end of February at the latest.

Thank you again for your patience I do appreciate it!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen
 
Very professional. Way to go Louis and Gary. That is good business.
 
Way to Go Louis,

As an FYI to anyone considering tanning in SA. My award winning taxidermist references didn't let me down, my hides just back from Universal Trophy service in Joburg are excellent quality.
 
Great service Louis, I am sure Gary appreciate what you are doing. Sad though that the Taxidermy messed it up and then the outfitter feels bad about it. Because of the relationship you have with your clients.

once again in my opinion you did good
 
thats what i call going above and beyond louis
im sure gary is happy
very impressive
 
Your a class act Louis! Impressive!
 
WHOA! What a class act Louis! Not too many like you around.
 
Louis :clapping:
 
Kick the taxidermist for me. :)

Hi Gary

My apologies once again for this happening we greatly value you as a client and friend!

I will be following everything up later today but you will have a brand new skin by the end of February at the latest.

Thank you again for your patience I do appreciate it!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen
 
Way to go Louis, now that is what i call service, i have a read a lot of good things about u in AH!!!!!:thumb:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,808
Members
169,417
Latest member
SommerDoug
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top