Zebra Pictures (Plain)

Limpopo Feb 2020 with Lalamanzi Safaris big mare zebra.
8151F53D-54F2-43DB-BF73-7C845106C648.jpeg

Beautiful. One would think that with their coloring they would stand out like a sore thumb. They don't and it's amazing how well they can "disappear" in plain sight. They will give you a merry chase as well. We chased one herd for a good part of a day and never did get a shot. They would take off running, we'd drive like hell trying to cut them off. Just when we got there they would turn and backtrack at a gallop just out of range. Round and round we go.

A couple days later we were hunting blesbuck and came up on a lone zebra. Gotcha at about 80 yards broadside. I got a shoulder mount and a backskin rug out of that one. Just might have to chase another one. They are fascinating creatures.

And they can take a hit and pack the mail. 375 square in the shoulder no exit and little blood, she still ran about 300 yards. They are fun to hunt. I wanted a second one but no shot opportunity.

I got mine with a Browning A-Bolt 7RM and a Barnes 160 gr TSX. She did a 180, staggered about 25 yards, did a drunken pirouette and flopped.

BandWZebraHighConCrop.JPG
Tanzania 2019. Currently being tanned and turned into a wall hanging rug at Animal Artistry, with black leather backing. I went solo on this hunt, but the PH, trackers and I all worked hard to get this zebra for my wife, who is disabled. Before I left, she pointed on a spot on the living room wall and stated, "That's where I want my zebra". And so it will be! I think this will be a trophy hide, as there are few scars and no shadow stripes. Absolutely stunning!

That´s one of the prettiest zebras I´ve ever seen! Good job!

Here is my plains zebra. The first african animal for me, taken three hours into my first outing. Moments I will never forget. Khomas Hochland, July 2019.

36391827ue.jpg

Attachments

• 36391827ue.jpg
    36391827ue.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 77
54E4D297-7E2E-4413-8710-DD9A14B12131.jpeg
9B129501-FEE5-4064-9ACF-0BEC40065B14.jpeg

Last July, also in Khomas Hochland, I took this stallion and mare on different days. We had to put the sneak on these. They are extremely wary and shoulders are like concrete. I remember the stallion took four 300 Win Mag shots to same shoulder to finally fold. Very tough animals!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!