Zebra Pictures (Plain)

Limpopo Feb 2020 with Lalamanzi Safaris big mare zebra.
8151F53D-54F2-43DB-BF73-7C845106C648.jpeg
 
Beautiful. One would think that with their coloring they would stand out like a sore thumb. They don't and it's amazing how well they can "disappear" in plain sight. They will give you a merry chase as well. We chased one herd for a good part of a day and never did get a shot. They would take off running, we'd drive like hell trying to cut them off. Just when we got there they would turn and backtrack at a gallop just out of range. Round and round we go.

A couple days later we were hunting blesbuck and came up on a lone zebra. Gotcha at about 80 yards broadside. I got a shoulder mount and a backskin rug out of that one. Just might have to chase another one. They are fascinating creatures.
 
And they can take a hit and pack the mail. 375 square in the shoulder no exit and little blood, she still ran about 300 yards. They are fun to hunt. I wanted a second one but no shot opportunity.
 
I got mine with a Browning A-Bolt 7RM and a Barnes 160 gr TSX. She did a 180, staggered about 25 yards, did a drunken pirouette and flopped.
 
BandWZebraHighConCrop.JPG
Tanzania 2019. Currently being tanned and turned into a wall hanging rug at Animal Artistry, with black leather backing. I went solo on this hunt, but the PH, trackers and I all worked hard to get this zebra for my wife, who is disabled. Before I left, she pointed on a spot on the living room wall and stated, "That's where I want my zebra". And so it will be! I think this will be a trophy hide, as there are few scars and no shadow stripes. Absolutely stunning!
 
That´s one of the prettiest zebras I´ve ever seen! Good job!

Here is my plains zebra. The first african animal for me, taken three hours into my first outing. Moments I will never forget. Khomas Hochland, July 2019.

36391827ue.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 36391827ue.jpg
    36391827ue.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 187
54E4D297-7E2E-4413-8710-DD9A14B12131.jpeg
9B129501-FEE5-4064-9ACF-0BEC40065B14.jpeg


Last July, also in Khomas Hochland, I took this stallion and mare on different days. We had to put the sneak on these. They are extremely wary and shoulders are like concrete. I remember the stallion took four 300 Win Mag shots to same shoulder to finally fold. Very tough animals!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,479
Members
169,572
Latest member
FloridaGlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top