Zebra Demask

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,019
Reaction score
15,641
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I made the frame from walnut with some cedar accents.
IMG_7768.jpeg
IMG_7769.jpeg
IMG_7770.jpeg
 
KICK-ASS
 
Gizmo that looks really good!
 
Beautiful!
 
Erik that is awesome!
 
Interesting. Does require quite a bit of wall space but without invading floor space. That works for me!
 
Really nice, Erik :D Cheers:
 
I have seen about 3 or 4 of these in person.

This is the best one I have ever seen. some of them look like taxidermy Picasso.
 
@gizmo if someone is contemplating getting a damask Zebra mount, what do they need to know about skinning the zebra in the field? Skin it whole, like you would for a rug?
 
I have seen about 3 or 4 of these in person.

This is the best one I have ever seen. some of them look like taxidermy Picasso.
Thank you!
 
@gizmo if someone is contemplating getting a damask Zebra mount, what do they need to know about skinning the zebra in the field? Skin it whole, like you would for a rug?
Not really, it can be skinned like you would for a wall pedestal, knees up and mid body forward, then backhide skinned out as normal.
 
@375 Ruger Fan I was actually able to do that one without using the backhide but it was super cloooose.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,570,202
Members
168,859
Latest member
trucviluftspac1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top