Zastava Based .375 Wby

2L8

AH veteran
Reaction score
I was looking at a Rifle that appears to have been shot very little and wondered what a fair value (USA) was.

It's an older rifle and has a Fiberglass Stock. The current owner got it in trade and knows very little about it. Most of these are items I've identified so any errors are on my part.

Zastava M98 Commercial Barreled Action (95%)

26" Barrel Fitted with Barrel Band
No Sights

.375 H&H rechambered to .375 Wby

Banser / High Tech Specialties / Legendary Arms Works Fiberglass Stock (No Cheek Piece)

Pachmayer F325 Recoil Pad

Redfield Tradional Windage Adjustable Steel Bases and Rings (Denver)

Bushnell Scopechief IV (Bausch&Lomb-Japan) 3-9x38

Last edited:
I had a Zasatva/interarms 375HH it was a good shooter and really accurate, wish my new Winchester shot as good

I'd say a fair price is in the 1100-1300 range. Ive seen Zastava 375s in the 700-1000 range (and higher but those are usually sellers who have no idea what they've got and think its worth its weight in gold). That stock is probably a 400-ish investment if it was professionally finished. The rechamber actually decreases its value, possibly a lot as its now either handload only or difficult to obtain factory ammo at 100+ per box. Yes you can fire H&H ammo in it, but if you want the full performance it'll be a handloaded cartridge (I've got dies I'd part with, btw)

If you wanted wood, you could probably sell that stock for at least 2-250, if nit a bit more.

If the barrel is 26", it would be a Remington version of the Mark X rifle or a custom job. Mark X's and Whitworth's are 24". Don't know much about the stock, scope is worth about $15 on a good day. Nothing wrong with the action on these. My Whitworth .375 is going on 35 years. Like everything, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I was looking at a Rifle that appears to have been shot very little and wondered what a fair value (USA) was.

It's an older rifle and has a Fiberglass Stock. The current owner got it in trade and knows very little about it. Most of these are items I've identified so any errors are on my part.

Zastava M98 Commercial Barreled Action (95%)

26" Barrel Fitted with Barrel Band
No Sights

.375 H&H rechambered to .375 Wby

Banser / High Tech Specialties / Legendary Arms Works Fiberglass Stock (No Cheek Piece)

Pachmayer F325 Recoil Pad

Redfield Tradional Windage Adjustable Steel Bases and Rings (Denver)

Bushnell Scopechief IV (Bausch&Lomb-Japan) 3-9x38

2L8,

I have a 375 Weatherby that I had put together that you might be interested in. Its a Zastava action with I believe a 25 " barrel (it's at home so can't measure to confirm). It's dropped into a Bell and Carlson medalist stock with the aluminum bedding block. I do believe this takes out much of the felt recoil because it doesn't kick anymore than my 375 H&H. The stock is olive with black webbing. I sent it to Winston Elrod for him to make sure it fed right. It does not have iron sights. I had loads developed for it using 300 grain Northfork softs and cup point solids. I can send photos of the targets. I have some of these rounds that I would include with the purchase. PM me if you are interested.

LRich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross