ZAMBIA: Zambian Adventure At Takeri Game Reserve

Ok bluey,

I've finally read every word!!!

So my favorite trophy is the memories you made. Those can't be replaced! I know what a special trip this was for you and it was great to read all about it and to just be able to tell how much it meant to you.

The other cool thing is that you brought back great memories for me and my Zimbabwe Safari. Turns out without knowing it at the time I stayed just upriver from Mike's and he recognized this from a picture of mine. I shot my hippo and klippie both just down river from the lodge. Never expected to shoot a klippie while hippo hunting but as you saw it can happen there!!!

Thanks again for sharing your journey with us.

Royal

I hope you got some pleasure from it .......
BLUEY

Plenty of pleasure from the tale. Thanks for the efforts mate.

Good to see the AH Get together picture.

thanks for taking the time to write up such a great report and I have been out and seen Jorja girls sable ..... he is still as impressive as the last time we saw him - looking forward to the next hunt together....

thanks for taking the time to write up such a great report and I have been out and seen Jorja girls sable ..... he is still as impressive as the last time we saw him - looking forward to the next hunt together....

pleasure....
imsure he will always be , impressive , pats . hope to beat bruce back there so jorja girl ,can get on his track ,mate ....
im looking foreward to hunting with you too ,patsy , (y)(y)

here are a few of photos comparing the water level in the dam and river, with the one of patsy taking the photo in late sept last year, and the others in march 2016 with the rains in full swing. the river can come over the dam wall if the rains are heavy enough
P1040509.JPG
patsys feet would be in the water now.
P1040715.JPG
below the dam wall the river is visible through the trees which are normally on the river bank.
P1040721.JPG

Glad you got some water.

The Sable will be happy with all that tall grass.

I noticed the little Hobbit in the grass on the dam.

That is incredible.

I noticed the little Hobbit in the grass on the dam.

That is incredible.

yeah i drove across the dam wall and the width is basically the tyre ruts with the drop off either side.........halfway across i started contemplating that if the cruiser slid either way slightly i wouldnt be getting it back for quite a while.....:E Horrified:

Just discovered this report- thank you @bluey for the great story! And congrats on the trophies!

taken from nearly same place but just over a month later in late april . the water is already dropping quickly

DSCN1219.JPG

we have people asking to hunt in march and april and may, and when we say you cant as the bush is too thick and wet i dont think they really understand what we mean.......here are a few photos to show why its impossible, as you cant see a thing in some places 10 feet away or a lot less......

DSCN1223.JPG
DSCN1221.JPG
DSCN1218.JPG
DSCN1217.JPG

DSCN1197.JPG

on the last one if you lifted up the cruiser from the road and put it down 5ft into the grass you wouldnt be able see it

Would one of these help(y)

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 9.55.23 AM.png

Oh come on now. Don't you know the tall, thick grass shouldn't be a factor for professionals? Besides, in Africa there's a trophy behind every bush, so I've been told.;)

The problem is that you can't see what is hiding behind the bush and that can be dangerous....

One second you're all relaxed and think things are going great , then out of nowhere the charges comes, and you're married.... :eek:

Probably the most interesting hunt report I have had the privilege to read.a dream come true.the aussie mannerisms are exceptional.congrats on a ausome adventure Bluey.

Bluey.............I just finished reading this report, and enjoyed it very much. I lived in Australia for a few years, and thought I had heard every euphemism, but "Holy Snapping Duck Shxt" is a new one for me. Loved the fotos of the game and the beaver dam. And I must admit, I especially enjoyed the notes about your departure and travel from the land down under. I was entirely sick of reports that read "travel was perfect, everything went great". That doesn't happen to me, and I am happy there is a kindred spirit in travel. Soldier on after travel folks flip-up everything. Well written and thanks. .....................FW Bill

Bluey I have only just stumbled accross your hunt report. I was captivated by every word and stayed up till the wee hours reading it. All 30 pages of it! Being just north of your border, I cracked up at all of your Aussie slang. Geez mate I hope you go back to Africa again soon because this is hands down the best hunt report I have read and I can only imagine the Aussie eloquence will be even further refined for your next hunt report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg